Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 recent arrivals - DR7 and JTX Standard

Serial # 9646285 - MIJ
    The 8 and 5 are stamped deeper than the other numbers, but don't look like corrective stamps.

Serial # J000847 (sticker on back of head) - MIJ
    Thinnest Jackson bolt-on neck ever.

There was a JTX with a rosewood board on Ebay last week that had h-s-s, but I haven't taken the pickguard off this one to see how it's routed underneath. I assume because of the custom pickguard shape that it's supposed to be that way - did they offer these in both h-s and h-s-s configs?

Both are killer and in great shape.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: 2 recent arrivals - DR7 and JTX Standard

Oh lord, what on earth have you got planned for these two specimens? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Those look friggin' clean! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Nice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to convert a WRXT body to 7-string using the DR7 neck (and a heel shim block, if I can't find a KE7 neck), and the JTX is going to get a classic Fender Blonde Tele refin and a black pickguard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I love the Tele idea, and I wish you all the luck in the 6-to-7 string conversion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Making a backup for your CS 7-string bolt-on Warrior? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

More like a pacifier to tide me over till it gets here - sometime in December, or next January....February....maybe March. I hope Mike Shannon or Pablo Santana don't get sick between now and then [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I can picture you hunched at your desk wrapping up packages packages of multivitamins and sending them the vitamins in the mail each week. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Good idea [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, love the JTX! I think the refin will look great. I'm not sure about the HSS configuration, but I have a 1993 catalog from Capital Supply that has a JTX with the same configuration as yours, although it's black with a white pickguard, Basswood body (Ash body on trans finishes) List was $714.95 on solid colors, and $764.95 on trans finishes with a selling price of $479.95 and $524.95 respectively.

Can't wait to see the finished pics! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris
                Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Cool scores!

Comment

Killer score Newc! I remember seeing those JTX's way back in 93 when I was searching for my Jackson DR. I wanted the exact JTX you have so bad I almost got it instead of the black DR. The one I wish I would have got was the stone finish DR with the maple board. The ones that get away...........anyway, cool guitars and the JTX refin will look killer. It would be a "fusion" of another kind.

Comment

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I had a neck from one of those Fleckstone Dinkys, and did not like it. It felt overly wide compared to other necks. Like it had an extra 1/16" on either side.
                      Maybe it had the wrong nut (narrow string spacing), maybe not, but it wasn't really fat, just "clunky".

Comment

Typical of me to re-vive a three year old JTX post.
                        Newc has inspired me to Make a tele/esquire type of guitar out of a JTX body and Pickguard.
                        Pics in a month from today 11/14/2008.
                        JvicE

Comment

Working...
                        X