New Rhoads Legend review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rhoads Legend review

Well, after a couple of weeks of playing this guitar, I decided to give it another review. Basically, this guitar is an RX10D, with one EMG81 humbucker, and a string through body design with a tune o matic bridge; the harware is black. This guitar was number 13 out of 24 made. It has the classic Rhoads finish of Ivory with black pinstripes.

Out of the box, the guitar was not setup very well. It had 10's strung on it, and the action was a bit high, but still playable. The EMG81 is hot, and has a nice clarity to it. The frets were level and polished very well. The neck is arrow straight and is not too skinny. I have small hands, and the jumbo frets and just right neck profile helped out tremedously.
    If all the RX10D's play like this, I may be very tempted to get the Floyd version.

This guitar has a serious Rhoads vibe!

Re: New Rhoads Legend review

I have a RX10D..and it rocks. Sometimes people think I'm crazy for praising it so much..but it does.

Comment

The quality of those lower imports really isn't shabby at all, which I was quite surprised with when I first tried them at the store! Sometimes you just find that guitar that just fits, the pick of the litter so to speak, and you're astounded that it's a lower model. My Japanese Jackson KE3 Professional is still the best sounding guitar I've ever owned. Crushing tone and near-infinite sustain.

Great review by the way! You're missing one semi-crucial thing... the photos! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But that's okay... those Rhoads Legends are easy enough to find pics of anyways (search function [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Great review by the way! You're missing one semi-crucial thing... the photos! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But that's okay... those Rhoads Legends are easy enough to find pics of anyways (search function [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

[/ QUOTE ]
        Yea..but still! pls post some pics of the axe (with you probably). that would be great!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Sometimes you just find that guitar that just fits, the pick of the litter so to speak, and you're astounded that it's a lower model.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya on that one! My DXMG really ROCKS!!!! It's gotten more playing time than my SL2H, and it sounds awesome! I've recently been giving my SL2H more playing time though.... and there's a reason why it's priced higher... it's just an amazing instrument, unbelieveably f'n good! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yea..but still! pls post some pics of the axe (with you probably). that would be great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Looky here: RR Legend Thread
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
            X