• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help to identify the serial number

last

Comment

Wow, that is an interesting Soloist! The trem appears to be a Schaller, which may date this from the early 90s. The MOP logo may date it from after 91 or 92. I wonder if this is a Custom Shop, or possibly a Europe-only model?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is pretty sweet, whatever it is. Japanese one-off or a prototype of some sort apparently... either that, or a European market only guitar. With that serial number, I doubt it is US...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Look closely at the number and see if it's a "U" or a "0" - sometimes people confuse the two (and sometimes they screw up the stamp [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Judging by the light reflections, it looks like an Archtop.

Can't be a European model, he's in Canada (unless...)

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

nice guitar.. I'd like to see your others as well.
            That maple flame job is sweet looking too. Ibanez?
            As is the hand signed JCM.

Well, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it is a japanese soloist custom job.
            Beauty of an archtop.
            Got a pic of the serial #?

BTW, the link to your third pic didn't take.

Comment

Guys, thank you for the comments!

Judging by the finish, it is probably newer than 90...92. More like 96...200X.
              I checked the U vs 0, no it is certainly 0. The UO serial numbers look different and have different spacing. This serial number looks the same as the newer MIJ models, I checked a few at the local shop and the new MIJ stuff has similar numbers.
              No, mine is not archtop, it is just the reflection. Looks like standard SL-2H, except the pickups, pickup selector and the batery compartment. It is also havier than the other recent SL-1/SL-2 Jacksons I tried.

Bought it off ebay a few months ago, from someone who did not know much. He claimed it was US Ontario guitar, but I could see by the serial number that this was not the case. Nevertheless, still don't know much more than this.

Basically this is why I wanted to run it by you, I could not find any credible information on this - model, year, origin etc.

Appriciate your answers though!
              Alex

Comment

Charvelguy,
                thank you. I'll get the serial number picture in a minute. But the green Jackson is not an archtop, it is regular SL-2-like.
                The other are Ibanezes, you were right. I'm 50/50 Jackson/Ibanez kind of guy, love both of them. I'm not sure that it is appropriate to post thier pictures here... These are the J-customs and one USA custom.
                Regards,
                Alex

Comment

my mistake, the reflection made it look like an archtop.
                  It's a mixed boat on Ibanez's around here, I love mine too but people are partial to C/J here. They get posted every once in awhile. The 'guitars by other manufacturers' section is open to anything. I'm really rather lackluster on my Jackson serial history, but I'm still gonna say it is a customer option MIJ SL2. I can see how someone would read that as an Ontario, but my call may be whacked as well.. I'm almost inclined to say it 'looks like' #0121 , made in '96..which does not fit your typical Jackson serial AFAIK. It does not look to be an "O". To bad it doesn't have the paperwork or hangtag.

Comment

Interesting. Well, this theory is consistent. Did they offer custom Jackson guitars in Japan? I was not aware of this, good to know. If I only can find a catalog or something on this.
                    Charvelguy, I'll see if I can get a pic of the Ibanez for you. Hope people will forgive me.
                    Cheers,
                    Alex

Comment

For Charvelguy HRG2001 and RG-ART

Comment

I'm not up on my Jackson history as much as the rest of bunch, but correct me if I'm wrong....
                        I believe you could order custom options on Japan production models if you were willing to pay the upcharge.

Check these out and they may offer you some more info:

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...96/pl96-p9.jpg

http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...ders/sf96.html

The main link being here; Jackson sales folders

Man, those Ibanez's are stunning IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        That RG art is cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        Looks like you mastered JCF photo post 101. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

"Looks like you mastered JCF photo post 101." If I was not a computer geek myself it might have been tough. When you join the formum, there is not really a place (I did not find it) where you could find instructions on this. The guuys on the chat page helped though, thanks!
                          Alex

Comment

Ahh, there used to be a post it
                            for photo posting on here. Not sure
                            if it made it over on this version tho.

Comment

Yeah, those Ibanez's are worthy of a post here, beautiful.

Comment

Guys, has anyone seen a similar Jackson? No pickup rungs, no 'Professional' logo etc?
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X