Jackson Roswell Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Roswell Rhoads

What do you guys know about these guitars, how are the necks? What wood are they made out of? I bought one, should be here Friday, but I'm excited. I've always wanted one, but never played one! I usually hate 1 hum guitars, but this has me havin half-a-frikken-boner-man.

Re: Jackson Roswell Rhoads

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I got to play one of these when I went to melbourne last year. They play really well! A great little shred machine, although it bothered me how the higher frets are hard to reach. I guess aliens had no problems though. Cool guitar either way.

Comment

I Believe Poplar Bodies and Maple Necks.

Congrats as well.

I've been looking for one of those if you ever decide to part with it let me know.

EJ

Comment

I do own one, but are not sure about woods.
        The frets are not jumbos like on most Jacksons(?)
        The Duncan designed pickup actually sounds pretty good IMO.
        It weights about... nothing, it´s extremly light and very small.
        To me it´s mainly a collector thing, I hardly play, but are doing some mods to make it more in the vein of the original.
        Cool axe for sure, a great little shred machine like bibz said.
        Congrats on the score!!!

Comment

I also have one and was pleasantly surprised on how well it sounds. I also bought it as more of a collector piece and play it only occassionally. The neck feels great, very easy to play. The single hum. does sound really good. As mentioned, it is a very light guitar and to me it looks great. I really dig the inlays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very light, very cool looking, and it sound absolutely amazing. The pickup sounds way better than expected, and the guitar sounds way heavier than it really is.

Then you strap it on and the nose falls to the floor... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More of a collector's piece than a player, due to the neck dive, smaller frets, difficult upper fret access, and akward body style. The case is pretty fragile, too.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, though, because it gets more response from people than any other guitar I own. Pulling it out of the case in a Guitar Center attracts small crowds.

Comment

The one I'm getting has a Dimarzio in the bridge, so I'm not worried about the designed pickup...though I'd like a Seymour Distortion in there, it's just not a smart move with a one pickup guitar.

The way I figure it, is I can get rid of it if I decide I hate the body, or the playability of it, but I've wanted one for a long time, and never had a chance to play one, so the only way to play one was to buy one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't have a problem with neck dive on mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Crusher, is your's a USA or have you done something to it? Every import I've played has had massive neck dive.

Comment

Mine dive as well.

Comment

Mine is made in Japan.

Comment

Hey I have one of these I got from HippieTim, It's a Japanese made Roswell it has never nose dived on me. Tim put a Bill Lawrence I beleive XL500 in there, the one the Dimebucker is modeled after.With this pup in it this thing wich is super light very thin for a guitar has alot of Meat to the tone.
                        According To The Prophecy

Comment

I guess it's okay for me to post a picture, even though I didn't take it, and it's not in my hands yet,

It should be here Friday.

Comment

Nice paintjob, what color is that? Mine is just plain jane black.

Be aware that that case is more for looks than anything. The tolex tears really easily, and it doesn't look like it would hold up to abuse too well.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X