Date of manufacture based on serial #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of manufacture based on serial #

Can someone tell me where and when my Jackson was made, based on the serial number? It's 9727951.

Thanks!

Re: Date of manufacture based on serial #

no
    Hail yesterday

Comment

lol, be nice, wouldn't that be a 1997 Japanese import ?

Comment

I'm in the same boar. I tried to get this info for my SL, but it turned out to be not easy. I would have loved it if someone could steer me towards a place with this information.
        Alex

Comment

This is the place with the information [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you can give detailed info on the guitar, serial no. etc. someone here can most likely help you.

Comment

The members here are the best at identifying what we throw at them. A little more information would be helpful, especially pictures.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Actually that's probably not a 97 due to there being 7 numbers. The original 96 and 97s had 6 numbers, but I think they started adding the 7th number in 2000 or 2001 - may have been 98/99 though, not sure.

Dating imports is relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of Jackson guitars beyond 1994, because after 94 is when they stopped being USA-quality.
              And if it's a question of "Pre-Fender" imports, that's REALLY a non-issue.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think you may be right Newc... come to think of it, my brother's JS30RR had a 7 digit serial number starting with 97

Comment

Working...
                X