Unusual Jackson JS30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Jackson JS30

Hello I Just Wanna Know Some Things About My Js30 Guitar Which some of ye Experts Should be able to Answer.

Its a Metallica Blue Js30 with 24fret Neck with Differant Style Inlays that i have ever seen on a js 30, Whats With that, i even used Yahoo Image Finder And Found No Models with that style of neck.

Also I wanna Find Out What Year/Country It was Made in. the Serial Starts with 000

Heres a Pic of it: (Blue Jackson)

Thanks a Million it would be Great if i could get this info of ye lads.
    Thanks.......Keith

Cheers From Ireland

Re: Unusual Jackson JS30

must be a rare Japanese Custom Shop model........bwaaaahahahaha. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I knew I couldn't say that and keep a straight face! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The offset dot inlays were used on a number of models. Some of the Fusions had them, but they were short scale. The DR3, the PS4 were both 25 1/2" scale reverse headstock guitars with offset dots.

Did you buy your guitar new? It's possible somebody swapped a reverse headstock neck off another guitar onto that body. One sure way to tell would be to take the neck off it next time you're changing strings. There should be a stamp on the body in the neck cavity, and another on the neck at the heel. If the stamps are the same, it's the original neck. But if you find the body stamped "JS30" or "JS" or whatever, and the neck stamped "DR3" (for example) you know the neck has been swapped.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Looks like a DX10 to me. Serials starting with 0 place it as one of the earlier versions of these which were made in India. Production was moved to Japan a little while back and serial no.s on those should begin with a 9. I'm not sure of when production began on these, but they are listed in a 2000 flyer I have.

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

don't all DX10s have sharkies?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Nope. The DX10D has sharkies, but the DX10 has the offset dots. The DX10 also has a single-locking JT500 instead of the double-locking trem found on the DX10D. Those were the only differences between them. The DX10 is no longer made. I guess the single locking trem and dots were not very popular.
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

well i took off the neck and it has RedMarker written in the cavity, It says Like Somebodys Name. Weird???

Comment

Nope, not weird. Definitely sounds like a DX10, and most necks are marked in some way on the heel, either with marker or stamped. Well, mine are anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

I had one like that that was a JS-4 or something(its been about 6 years ago) had the same inlays but no reverse headstock

bought it from Guitar Center in Dallas
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

well i dunno, cause i cant find any jacksons on the internet like My one, its Weird. can anyone else?

Comment

It's Metallic Blue, not Metallica Blue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And if you bought it used, the neck's been swapped. The markings in the neck pocket are most likely the initials for the color, unless whoever swapped the neck also wrote their name in it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      well i took off the neck and it has RedMarker written in the cavity, It says Like Somebodys Name. Weird???

[/ QUOTE ]

It reads "Like Somebodys Name" ? That is weird! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X