Jackson SLSMG now a SLSSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SLSMG now a SLSSD

I took a used SLSMG flame top I got off ebay and did the following. Put a Screamin Demon in the bridge and a Jazz in the Neck. Lowered the action to 3/64" and strung it with 10-52 Ernie Ball Heavy Bottom Slinky top.. I have 12 USA Jacksons and this thing now plays as good as any of them. Has anyone else had the same luck as me with this highly underrated gem?
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: Jackson SLSMG now a SLSSD

yeah i had one with a red flametop and duncans. it killed. if it had a trem i would have never sold it. very under rated guitars.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think a Original Floyd would make that a BAD ASS

cool what kind of action did you put on it...

instock inventory

Comment

i like kinda high action. never measured it out, i go by feel. yeah having a floyd would be ideal. a wilkinson would be okay too.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

this is exactly what I'm about to do, and exactly the thread title I would use [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Howd the duncans slip in? No issues with pickup rings or spacing?

Comment

none. they drop in fine.
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

The only issue I have with mine is it is a tad neck heavy (mine's satin black), but I haven't tried it yet with the new strap I bought. Otherwise it is a smoking guitar, especially with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an 81 in the neck, though I haven't taken it out of the case since I got my SL2. Then again, that is about the only guitar I've played over the last 2 weeks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Comment

I have a trans black one, but it´s still all original.
                Planning to put in EMG85&amp;81. I have the pickpus and all, just don´t have the time to do it.
                One of the reasons I bought it was because there was no trem though

edit: mine is actually pictured in my avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I cant get the Avatar thing to work....it keeps telling me wrong file type, I hope to figure this shit out before I die

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    yeah i had one with a red flametop and duncans. it killed. if it had a trem i would have never sold it. very under rated guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine currently has Bill Lwrence 500XL's in it and I love it.... I may swap some Duncans in and see happens.

Comment

\m\xx/m/

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                        X