Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about the performer series

HidyHo,

just need some opinions. I found a jackson performer rr v but i feel the guy was a tad high on his price. We talked a bit and he told me 200 shipped (much lower than his asking price). Is that high, low, decent? 1 or 2 small dings on body, no case, just guitar. Thanks in advance.......

Re: Quick question about the performer series

$200 for any Jackson above the very bottom series is a steal, but with Performers you have to check the 12th fret dots - wide dot spacing means India, narrow (San Dimas-style) dot spacing means Japan.
    Of course, Japan-made is the better one.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

awesome. Thanks for the info newc. Im gonna attach a picture of the guitar cause its hard for me to tell about the dot spacing, need a little help on this one. Not really sure whats considered wide spacing and narrow spacing (i'm still trying to learn all this stuff and if i had to guess, i would say its the india/wide spacing dot style). Any further help would be appreciated.

Comment

Those dots make it look like a Japanese made axe IMO.I recall you could almost drive a truck through the India made ones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Yeah, thats a jap made one. Im looking at my korean made ps2 and the dots are crazy wide apart compared to that one. I think its a good deal for that. Shame about no case, but I still think its a good deal.

Comment

Hey Cuthroat. I have a PS-4 that was MIJ. The dots are close together but they are near the edge of the board. I agree, $200 is a good price, but it also comes down to what you feel. We all have our own limits.
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Hey, thanks guys. Yeah, at 200 shipped, I was gonna grab it for sure but unfortunately, someone bid on the guitar and the seller ended the auction early. I sent him an email telling I'm still interested if the buyer backs out. I have no idea if the person that grabbed it is a forum member here, but I hope so, It looked like a fine guitar. Well....atleast I learned about the performer series cause i definately want one for my collection. Ah well.......my guitar hunting continues. Once again, thanks a million guys. This forum is hands down the best around for anything guitar. Here's to ya [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Another quicky.....newc, you mentioned something about the "very bottom series" of jackson guitars. What model would that be? Is that the cx series ive seen go for under 100? Just curious..........

oh man, the questions I could ask you guys. We'd be here all week [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey Cuthroat. I have a PS-4 that was MIJ. The dots are close together but they are near the edge of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  the rule doesn't apply to guitars with offset dots. You'd have to rely on the serial number for point of origin in that instance.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought the offset dots were only done in Japan?

As for the Indian inlays, they look a lot like Gibson Explorer 12th fret dots - VERY wide - almost under the 1st and 6th strings.

The ultra-low end is the JS1 and JS20, and they are made in India and have wide 12th fret dots - see here:
                    http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...rtno=JS1_Dinky

The JS30s are pretty good. They're made in Japan.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yeah, I found a performer guitar on ebay last night and noticed the dots at the 12th fret be very wide compared to the guitar I was looking at. I know now the difference. Thanks for the heads up on the js1 and js20, didn't know they were considered bottom of the barrel. Thanks again newc for all the info, its much appreciated

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        Er, the "shape" JS30s are made in India. JS30RR, JS30KV, JS30KE, JS30WR.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          $200 for any Jackson above the very bottom series is a steal, but with Performers you have to check the 12th fret dots - wide dot spacing means India, narrow (San Dimas-style) dot spacing means Japan.Of course, Japan-made is the better one.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm pretty sure the non-Japan Performers were made in Korea, not India. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Korea would still beat India for quality.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            Er, the "shape" JS30s are made in India. JS30RR, JS30KV, JS30KE, JS30WR.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about that one chuckles? Going by the info at Jackson's site (I know, I know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) the Japanese models are all made of Alder, while the Indian made models are all of Cedro.

I mean, surely they got THAT part right, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X