JDR 94 Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDR 94 Concept

Does anyone have any kind of information about these guitars like is it a performer a professional ?
    Its a dinky with a reverse head stock.

Re: JDR 94 Concept

Concept series is equivalent to the Performer series. I've never played one, but from what I've heard they're not too bad. Made in 1994.

Comment

I own one, and it's nice. The pickups are a little on the sucky side, but the trem does work very well and the neck is a "typical" Jackson neck - fast, comfortable and pretty thin. Mine is light as a feather without sounding thin.

Comment

I've been told that the concept line was a limited series that had basswood bodies instead of alder or poplar. However, I'm not sure if that is true for all the Concept models or just some of them.

Comment

There is a guy on the Megadeth boards that has one. He wants to switch the pickups out, he is thinking of actives. I told him 81/60. Does the basswood sound more like hogny? or is more like alder, or more like maple? The more like m'gny the better a screamin demon will sound. thats my opinion but it doesnt sound as good in alder...
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I'm not sure if ALL of the Concepts were basswood, but I have three (JDX Dinky) and the Screamin' Demon sounds good. The stock hardware on the Concepts was good, but the humbuckers sounded a bit thin.
            sigpic

Comment

It's more of an alder-type of sound. EMGs will sound like EMGs, anyway, so if he likes an 81 in genereal he's gonna like it in a Concept as well... the DD102?103? (JB copy) I have in mine sounds quite excellent, so whatever floats your boat I guess..

Comment

Say, isn't the trem on the JDR-94 a JT-500 that's directly replaceable with the JT-590/Schaller???

Comment

Yeah, there's a JT500 on it. By the looks of it, a Schaller would fit perfectly in there.

Comment

Werent the concept series Poplar for the most part?
                    Basswood to my ears is similar to mohagony in warmth but not in tone. Its less bright than Alder and poplar.
                    but maybe thats just me.
                    Gil

Comment

There's been conflicting information about the body wood, but the catalog said basswood. The only possible exception I could think of was the JRR-94, but I'm not sure about that since I was looking for Dinky info at the time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X