Ke3 Kelly origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ke3 Kelly origin

Were the KE3 kellys ever made in India? Or were they only made in Japan. Also, whats the quality level of this guitar. Is it on the level of the DK2 and DXMG? Its not a bottom level instrument, is it? It sells new for $500. Ive just joined the Kelly club on the cheap ($250 shipped w/ case, KE3) Just wondering if I did good.

Re: Ke3 Kelly origin

KE-3 = Japan except for a 2000 model *but not 100% sure on that one* - there was one year when all imports were made in India except the PC3 but I can't recall if that was 2000 or 2001 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Basically as long as the serial number starts with 96 or 97 it's Japanese.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool, thanks. I was looking on ebay and I noticed a lot of kellys listed as KE3 that had Professional on the headstock. Thats a totally different animal, right? From the '90s? I know that the current ones are listed as being part of the pro series on the Jackson website. I will have to get the serial number from the guy. I know on my dxmg you could tell if it was from india by the trem used. If it had the lo pro version then it was Jap. Is this true of the kellys too?

Comment

The JT580LP (Lo Pro) trem was (is?) used on both Indian and Japanese guitars.

The Professionals up to about 97 (I think) used the Schaller-style JT590.

The KE-3 has been around since at least the mid-90s (96-98?), and it did have Professional on the head. Before that you'd find them as "Kelly Pro" or "Kelly Std" on the trussrod cover with Professional on the head.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea, Made in Japan.
          Very cool looking guitar IMO.

Comment

how about the quality though?
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

I heard back from the seller and the serial number starts with a 96, so good news there. Im thinking the quality should be typical of jap import jacksons, pretty good. Ive always wanted one and I couldnt pass up a great deal. Im already thinking of adding a tone control like the american models have. Looks like an easy mod that will look stock. I cant wait to get it.

Comment

congrats on the pickup carbuff. I'm looking for a kelly myself, its number 1 on my list. Show us some pics as soon as you get it man [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Will do. I would post one from the auction but its kinda dirty with lots of fingerprints. You know how black can be.

Comment

I like black too but is just messy but its still the best.
                    remember to put some pics when you get it. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                    X