info on a dk-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on a dk-2

i would like to know the diff. between the dk-2 and the u.s.a. counter part as far as wood types, neck shapes, ect.
    i know the trem is not a real floyd and the pups are not real duncans but what else?

thanks in advance for the help [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    jon

Re: info on a dk-2

The DK2 has a rosewood fretboard as opposed to ebony, and the sharkies aren't real MOP like the DK1. You also get the headstock logo inlayed in real MOP on the DK1. Both are alder, and the electronics are better quality in the DK1. Jackson is known for the infamous,scratchy volume pot on their imports. I've never played a DK1 so I can't tell you anything about the neck profile but, I have a couple DK2's. I have a DK2S from aroud 2001 or so and the neck is super thin. Thinnest I've ever played. I also own a newer DK2 from 2004 and the neck is much thicker. Feels better IMO.

Comment

thank you, sounds like a lot of the diff. are cosmetic, mainly the body wood and neck woods are the same, i personaly like a rosewood board as far as sound, and if i change out the fake floyd for a real one i'll be all good
      cool
      thanks
      jon

Comment

The DK2 currently has the thinnest neck in the entire Jackson Catalogue, or at least it had until very recently.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Another difference is that the neck on a DK1 has an oil finish instead of the satin finish on the DK2. Currently the DK1 comes with EMG pups.

Comment

i have one coming and it has had the pups changed out for dimarzio's already and i have a real floyd that i will put on and it, should be all good.
            this is the first import i am going to try, besides the model series guitars of the 80's which i like, so we'll see
            thanks for all your help [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            jon

Comment

DK2 also havs SSH while DK1 has 2hums.
              I had a DK2 and it was a great guitar.

Comment

I have a DK2 and it's great too (as-is - no modifications)

But when you guys say thin necks, I picked up a Fusion Professional from the 90's and it's about 1/2 the width of the current DK2's. It's like playing on a samuri sword.

Comment

Working...
                X