PS1 as a beat up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS1 as a beat up?

I'm looking right now at a beat up guitar with a budget of 200 euros, and I can get a Jackson PS1 with a Roland Cube 30 for 120 euros it seems on that local Dutch bidding place...
    Point is, is the guitar worth it at all? I will mod it to death (i.e not sell it after, just experiment with set ups and such) and mess with it a lot, so yeah... but I still want to enjoy playing it.

Re: PS1 as a beat up?

[ QUOTE ]
    I can get a Jackson PS1 with a Roland Cube 30 for 120 euros it seems on that local Dutch bidding place...
    is the guitar worth it at all? I

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can't go wrong with that price! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

True that...
      Other options = online, an LTD M50 in satin black, and in shop, Squiers Standard Tele or a '51... Do you think the PS1 will be better overall? I don't really care for the paintjobs, and the quality if it's not amazing is even better in a way as it will improve, but I want to beat up something good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (I mean, would yo go mug a poorman? nah... so I go strip down something good enough to see naked).
      The question I have is, is the pickguard the same size and with the same screw holes' emplacements as a standard Strat pickguard? That'd be a big plus.

Comment

I think you could try to find a beaten Charvel Model series (Model 1, 2 or 3), or an 80s Kramer Focus, which should be less than 200 euros. Take a look at both the Brish and German eBays

Comment

Not in Europe unfortunately for the Charvel. I have PMed some people on the classifieds though so I'll see what gives. The main problem is how to pay + shipping.
          Those models either don't really show up that often around here either. There are always a couple of models 3 or 4s or Charvettes but at the moment there's not that much. I'd just love a model 1 *drooools*

Comment

Please? Has anyone got specs, I can't find much...

Comment

Take a look at the classifieds, you'll find a cheap Model 2 from Belgium!

Comment

Oops, I forgot you had already bought a Model 1A

Comment

Not yet no, but I'm buying it on Tuesday [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X