RR5s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5s

Newb here, and I am heavily considering an RR5, since this is a Jackson/Charvel forum you guys probably are the best to ask some question on them.

1)Because its not a USA model are there ANY quality sacrifices made at all Vs. the RR1 models?

2) Has anyone here ever bought one of those 2nd hand favtory models you see on ebay all the time?

3) I have a JS30 King V (intially the guitar that really got me interested in Jacksons) and had some issues with the wiring and the tuners (i knew this before hand but just couldn't resist the thing. Do the RR5s have any kind of issues like this?

4) I compared specs from Jacksons website and it appears as tho the only difference in the RR1 and RR5 is that the RR5 is an import model with the 2 same humbuckers in and no FR. Is there anything else that I am missing that may be crucial before purchasing one?

5) Is the playability the same as the JS30 King V? (I mean mine was alittle over $300 and DAMN, i love the was it plays for a low end Jackson i was really happy with it)

6) Are the RR5s well balanced at all? Iknow my King V nose dives abit (but hey its just a $300 guitar, so i don't expect much,) but if im forking out about $1k will i be getting a well balanced Rhaods V?

7) Okay last one (that i can think of atleast lol)This is a pretty dumb question but Im considering a white one with black pin stripes [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] The pin stripes are cover in clear coat right? I mean I can't imagine them just inda adding them at the last second but wanted to make sure that they're under the clear coat

Im sure i asked 7 questions that all have been asked 7k times but i just wanna makes sure of things! I really do appreciate any and ALL feedback you guys can give a Newb!

Rob

Re: RR5s

Father_Rattlehead?
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

1 - It has no head/neck binding, and it has a rosewood board vs the RR1's ebony board.

2 - Not me, but those are not factory seconds, those are usually buyouts from other stores that are stamped "USED" or "2ND" by the store so they don't have to honor warranty claims (since they were not the store that originally stocked the guitar, they can't verify whether someone may have damaged the guitar while it was at the original store or if any flaws are factory-installed and therefore subject to warranty service)

3 - Jackson puts 80% of their import costs into construction quality and core material (wood), and 20% into hardware, because hardware is easily replaced, whereas bad wood will always be bad wood. Quality tuners, pickups, knobs, etc, are cheap enough that you can change them to your preference without "throwing away" good stock hardware.

4 - See #1

5 - Jackson's playability gets better as you go up

6 - Don't pay $1000 for the RR5 if you can help it, unless it comes with the case. For $1000 you can buy an older used USA RR or 1990-94 Professional Series RR with ebony and binding and better everything.

7 - Haven't seen one in person, but I'd assume they were under the clear.

Welcome aboard the broad [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yes and welcome to the board as well..

Jacksonite=KingV

instock inventory

Comment

hey newby
          i bought one a while ago from GC for $549 out the door(no case) but ebayed the case for $60, i thought for an import it was nice, had real duncans and the graphic(white w/black pinstrpes) was great looking, all under the clearcoat, just didn't like the body shape, more of a strat kinda guy, but overall it was very nice
          just look around for a deal, i see tham coming in at $600 to $1000
          good luck
          jon

Comment

Jacksonite: Yeah its me! Pretty obvious with all the questions and stufff, but i can't help that im a wonderin Mofo. I emailed Lloyd and everything; really nice guy he beat ($$$) another place that u had suggested in a another thread to Johnnie that i emailed as well, so i dunno both were abit more than i was hopping (was hopping for abit more of a break on the price) But its cool, a deals a deal and they have to make a living to so i unbderstand. Now its just a matter of crunching some numbers and thinking about it...well actually forget that second part =P

Comment

Dude, I highly recomend that you see about finding a good used RR1... it would be so much nicer...

that or a Kevin Bond model RR5... it has ebony board, but with pentagram inalys (definately not for me) and only one pickup....
              Good luck... I will be back online after 8am tommorrow moring until 10, and then after about 130... Central time

instock inventory

Comment

Minot AFB? Could it be a fellow bluesuiter? Welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  but with pentagram inalys (definately not for me)

[/ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I can't even imagine you with a guitar like that.

Comment

yeah, lol

I am so satanic and all...

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Dude, I highly recomend that you see about finding a good used RR1... it would be so much nicer...

that or a Kevin Bond model RR5... it has ebony board, but with pentagram inalys (definately not for me) and only one pickup....
                      Good luck... I will be back online after 8am tommorrow moring until 10, and then after about 130... Central time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i know i want an RR1 (american!!!) Im keepin a REAL close eye on this baby http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=33044&rd=1 God shes beautiful...had my eye on her since the first night she was put up there...friggin beautiful. I love the way the Jackson logo is also embodied in MOP too! Gunna try to win it but am 99% sure it won't happen...i'll have pretty mych f*cked the pooch if i do win it (as far as the CC and my father goes) but man that'd the sweetest guitar i'd have! Love my Standard SG (but this baby is like the '69 ZL1 Camaros of the guitar world in my opinion atleast)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Minot AFB? Could it be a fellow bluesuiter? Welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, Errrrrrrr wait maybe that should be Sir [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Yeah USAF mem here, stuck in Why-not Minot where Freezins the reason. been here like 15 or 16 months now, recently put in for ALL over seas orders. At first i had NO intentions of leaving the US but if a year in Korea will get me back home to MacDill (2.5 hourse from home) i'll make the sacrifice! Crazy thing is is that i just watched this whole bio on North Korea and South Korea and all the tensions and incidents over the past 50 years or so, some crazy stuff. Oh well if i go i go, if not...theres always the sandbox in January...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, Errrrrrrr wait maybe that should be Sir [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Yeah USAF mem here, stuck in Why-not Minot where Freezins the reason. been here like 15 or 16 months now, recently put in for ALL over seas orders. At first i had NO intentions of leaving the US but if a year in Korea will get me back home to MacDill (2.5 hourse from home) i'll make the sacrifice! Crazy thing is is that i just watched this whole bio on North Korea and South Korea and all the tensions and incidents over the past 50 years or so, some crazy stuff. Oh well if i go i go, if not...theres always the sandbox in January...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sucks to be you in the winter. Relax, I'm not an officer if that's what you meant; just a lowly MSgt. My avatar is just a pic from my ride I took while TDY to Vegas. Worked in a fighter squadron for 3 years. I'm headed back to the desert in Nov for a year. Volunteered for it so I wouldn't get orders overseas when I reenlist. Figured I'd go over there for a year, make a ton of money between entitlements and tax breaks, buy a house and retire if they piss me off when I get back.

Welcome again! It's great to see another member in blue here. Even better that ya love Jackson's. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Get a PS2 and the game Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction - North Korea finally crosses the DMZ and everyone pays you to kick their asses [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I had money I would buy an ivory w/ black pinstripes RR5. It is IMO the best looking production model that Jackson makes. Most of your questions have been answered, but here are my thoughts on the balance issue...

The neck-through RR and KV balance much better than the bolt-on models. You generally have to move the front strap button closer to the headstock to get the bolt-ons to balance better.

Comment

Working...
                              X