Pick Ups Pick Ups Pick Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick Ups Pick Ups Pick Ups

SD JB is a good all around bridge pickup and works good for many styles of playing, can't go too wrong with one. Won't have to alter the electronics if you go with a passive pickup (less soldering to do).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Won't have to alter the electronics if you go with a passive pickup (less soldering to do).

[/ QUOTE ]
      And that may be the deciding factor. That and the expense. I can get a SD JB/Jazz combo for $130 vs the EMG combo for $198, pluss changeing the pots and all the soildering.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Is there any issues I should know about for installing any of these pickups on this guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind about that, are you comfortable with installing a Floyd Rose on this guitar?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Is there any issues I should know about for installing any of these pickups on this guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind about that, are you comfortable with installing a Floyd Rose on this guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Gave that some more thought. Maybe not a good idea. I just hate the stock trem that is on it. I can get a Jackson Floyd Trem for about $129 but installation is sounding difficult and for a low end Jackson not worth it.

Could I change the bridge to something else? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

*nods*
            The Floyd install might be a bit pricey. Not only would you have to purchase the Floyd, but the trem route would also need to be opened up a bit, and the neck would have to be modified to accept the locking nut. You will probably have to pay someone to do it (preferrably an experienced luthier).

I suppose you don't like the vintage style trem you have there(?). They do have a tendency go out of tune like there's no tomorrow. =) The cheapest route by far, would be to just block the existing trem and use it like a fixed bridge.

Comment

Working...
            X