DKMG EMG Floyd Sugestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DKMG EMG Floyd Sugestion?

Hey guys thanks for all the advice. When I get it home I'll make an MP3 and see how it sounds with my efxs and stuff. Then you can really tell me how it sounds. BTW: I already checked it out with the gain "on" for the clear sound and it sounded pretty cool

Comment

"Trans Black is my favorite transparent finish, and I think it looks especially good on the DKMG"

Yes I think it looks awesome as well [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hello
        I had the HZ's (they're HZ-3s) in my black DKMG changed out a couple weaks ago for an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. The sound is greatly improved over the the stock HZs. You won't have to worry about any routing for the battery as the DKMG already has a space routed for the 9v battery for the Turbo Charger. I had the Turbo Charger removed and now have volume, volume, tone for the knobs. I like this set up because now I can do that Jimi Page/Tom Morrello thing with the pickup selector. I'll probably try changing them around eventually (85bridge/81neck).

As for the OFR I've never had one, but the stock trem feels pretty good to me. It stays in tune nicely and I'm pretty abusive with it. Good luck

Karl

Comment

Hey Karl thanks...I checked out the guitar again today. It really sounds ok even with the HZs. I had the Gain on most of the time, and I think the Clean sound is darn good with the Gain on. I was using a combo Marshall all tube amp. I'll know better when I get it home, and start using it with my amps and efx's

Comment

I didnt like the Afterburner, it just muddied up the sound with all that gain. Although w/ a single channel amp or one with less gain, it would maybe be better.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I Dont use massive gain so I think it may be ok. Also I clean channel with the +20 gain for the guitar was really nice.
              With both p/u's on it almost had a clean strat sound to it, very nice

Comment

Have you considered a Floyd Pro?
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Also, to add to this post... I just got my solid black DKMG last night, cleaned and set it up fully. Im acually VERY impressed with the HZ's! Considering my RR3R has an 81/85 combo, and a JB bridge in my DR3, I think these definatley sound good! I was planning on changing them out for the actives, but after hearing it, I think Ill leave it alone for a while. As for the turbocharger, not real impressed with it. It just seemed to make the sound muddy. Ill mess with it more tonight, but Ive got a feeling its just one of those things I wont use much at all.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Hey I'm getting my DKMG tomorrow if all goes well.
                    One thing about the turbocharger, when I was playing
                    with a clean sound with the turbocharger on, thru a Marsahll
                    it really sounded sweet

Comment

Yeah, Ive got a JCM 900 head here... Havent been able to crank it up yet but the little I did get on it sounded cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X