• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wood Quality of current Imports

[ QUOTE ]
    Cedar? I thought those were Cherry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. You're right. My aging and abused brain strikes again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever it's made of, the GT-7 sounds like ass. Shame too, because it's a pretty well-designed guitar otherwise.

Comment

I've never heard of a cherry bodied guitar, figured cherry tops yes. Although as this thread proves just because not many people do it, doesn't mean its bad. Though Cherry is a very commonly used furniture wood so I'd imagine if its not used often for instrument bodies, then its with good reason.

Comment

what my e-knowledge tells me, cherry is very heavy. But tonely in the mahagony area

Comment

the NASL and the slsmg seem to have very nice mahogany..
          Granted the NASL is a Japan only (heheh) model, I am sure the other Mahaogany stuff is as good or better...
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Cedar? I thought those were Cherry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. You're right. My aging and abused brain strikes again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whatever it's made of, the GT-7 sounds like ass. Shame too, because it's a pretty well-designed guitar otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Strange. Someone else here had one of those and said it sounded pretty good. I've heard the USA Conklin stuff is amazing, and the import stuff is actually built in Korea to Conklin's specs. Maybe you just got an exceptionally crappy one that slipped out.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

On 9/9/05
              [ QUOTE ]

B. JS Series guitars have Cedro bodies. I'll have the website fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked, the specs still say alder [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X