94 Dinky XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Dinky XL

Almost done with her. I added new gold tuners, a Gold Floyd Rose II, new pickup bezel, new Dunlop StrapLocks, and of course, new strings. I am still waiting on my Gold Knobs.

Matt

Re: 94 Dinky XL

It's looking sweet Matt. Black and gold is a killer combination! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That looks NASTY(it's a good thing)! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The body color is actually Midnight Blue. A very deep dark Blue.

Matt

Comment

Oh.. well uhhhh in that case, it's uhhhhhh.....
          NASTY!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Matt...THAT is SWEETNESS PERSONIFIED !!!!...1994 was the BEST YEAR {and the LAST GOOD year} for Japanese XL Jacksons, too...

Comment

I absoultely love it. It is definatly the thinest neck of any Jackson I have seen and has never given me any trouble. It was my main guitar from 94 through 2001 till I could afford a Soloist (I get um at dealer cost ya know [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) and is a very reliable gigging guitar.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                I could afford a Soloist (I get um at dealer cost ya know [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...which isssssssssss? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                  I could afford a Soloist (I get um at dealer cost ya know [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...which isssssssssss? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Less than YOU have to pay, Ron [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dealer cost is $

Aww damn, the numbers on my keyboard aren't working. Oh well, I was gonna tell ya......

Matt

Comment

I bought a `93 Dinky XL off evilBay a couple years back, mainly to be a backup for my Soloist Pro, and it has ended up being my main player. I think it cost me around $300, with a Schaller Floyd, Duncan JB and Lil' 59, and OHSC. Damn fine guitars!

If only they'd start using real MOP inlays on the DK2, or offer the SLSMG with a Floyd...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Less than YOU have to pay, Ron [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No Sh|t, Sherlock! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is sweet!! My favorite color. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I had a Kelly in the very early '90s in that color. It had regular size white plastic dot inlays (Standard?)
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X