Bought Word's RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Word's RR3

Got it in today. This is my first RR style guitar. Word hooked it up well with a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge and a Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Plays great and sounds killer. I think the pink pickups look pretty cool in person. It came in a HSC. You could almost fit 2 guitars in it! Thanks alot Word. It is everything you said it would be.

PIC to follow....................

Thanks again Word. I'm a happy guy.

Re: Bought Word\'s RR3

Congratulations! Pink DiMarzios oughtta
    get you noticed in Tucson, AZ, that's for
    sure!

Enjoy your new "baby"!

Comment

Congratulations! Pink DiMarzios oughtta
      get you noticed in Tucson, AZ, that's for
      sure!

Enjoy your new "baby"!

Comment

o yeaahh pics! plzz [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry for the delay.. computer's been acting up on me..

The pics are ok, but it was definatley one of my best players. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I agree, the pickups sound amazing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your new axe, man.. take good care of her. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 23, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Thanks for the post Word. I think I have went through all the major guitar stances I could think of plus some origionals. Pulled out Master of Puppets and gave er my best Kirk Hammett. Went through Blizzard of Ozz and played with Randy. I decided not to move the strap peg. I like it as is.

Comment

Congratulations JV,

I'll be waitin' for the pics. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Am I just delirious, or is the output jack in the upper wing instead of the lower??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Upper wing. My KV3 was like that.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yup, the upper wing. The best place for it on a Rhoads too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

more pics please [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

some close ups would be nice

Comment

All the newer ones are on the upper wing. I think it's just the past couple of years. It's not all it's cracked up to be, really.

Comment

But...but...I thought all Rhoads bolt-ons had the jack in the lower wing??? My RR3 does, and so did the EX that I almost bought before it.

*gets jealous*
                            Damn! Now I want the jack in the upper wing too! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Does anyone know what year they changed this? My RR3 is a '97 (the only year they came in metallic black, according to the color listing on the old MOAIP).

'bane

[ May 25, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                              All the newer ones are on the upper wing. I think it's just the past couple of years. It's not all it's cracked up to be, really.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I guess. It would be a lot easier to play it sitting down with the jack in the upper wing though - I had to purchase a 90 deg. tele plug so I could sit and meedle in front of my computer. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But yeah, thanks for clearing that up BM! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Working...
                              X