Bought Word's RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought Word\'s RR3

'bane, you could get a cheapo nylon strap for use in front of the computer. Set it short so that the guitar sits slightly above seated level, then you don't need to rest the guitar on your lap. I did this a while back because it was the only way I would keep my sorry arse on my exercise bike these days. A half hour on the bike just flies when I'm playing away on my geetar. Now I just need a wallmount in the john to hang a guitar in there, and I'll be a happy man. I will have music where-ever I go. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
      Sorry for the delay.. computer's been acting up on me..

The pics are ok, but it was definatley one of my best players. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I agree, the pickups sound amazing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your new axe, man.. take good care of her. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">why did you get rid of her man [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] seriously why ? what did you buy ?//Steve

Comment

Didn't like her i see? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I see it ended up on E-bay already. I can't believe it. Well, here's the story. Word is an honest dude. No problems at all. It came in exactly as he described it. It sounded great and played great. The balance was off a little and thats mostly because of my gut. Ask Word, he got to see a pic of me. Anyway, I saw the pic NewC posted on where to put your strap peg on an RR model to give it more balance and I did it to mine. It helped, but the strap was a little in the way. I got to using the trem a little more and noticed after playing along with Motley Crue's version of Helter Skelter and doing the trem/hammer on solo stuff, the guitar went out of tune. I got to playing around with it and noticed that if I divebombed it would go flat and stay there and if I pulled up it would go sharp and stay there. I posted about the bridge right here asking for some advice and tried everything except putting an OFR on it. It kinda helped, but the knife edges were pretty worn out. I tried grinding the excess metal out and re-shaping them and it didn't work. I didn't go overboard at all, I basicaly polished the knife edges as I have done this before to get a little more life out of the bridge. Nothing worked. I decided to let Word know by e-mail that I was going to let it go. I didn't think he realy wanted it back with a $170 to $200 problem. Word responded and apologized. Word has several guitars and the RR3 wasn't one that he played very often so he didn't know that the knife edges were worn out. My daughter plays guitar as well, or at least she's learning. I talked to a guy about a trade, let him see it and play it and we made a deal to trade on another guitar he had. My daughter ended up with an Ibanez RG that I am playing more than she is. In the back of my mind I figured it would end up on E-bay. I didn't want to post anything about it until I saw it or heard about it being on E-bay and I know you guys would spot it quick. Nobody lost here. I just didn't want to spend the cash on a new trem and as the days past the RR shape didn't cooperate with my fat a$$. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It was cool to get to know it. The alternative was to get stupid and hassle Word over it and demand money back. I don't hold him responsable at all. It came out alright and Word needed the cash. I think we both won. That's the story. No money, no OFR, had to let it go, got a good deal on a trade and the guy posted it on E-bay right away. I'm not into buying something to let it go right away. I may like it at first and maybe piss and moan about it and then end up liking it, but I'm not out to screw anyone. I fully intended to keep this axe, but I couldn't part with the cash to upgrade the trem. I got it at a steal. A new bridge would have made it cost me twice. By the time I would have been done getting the bridge replaced I could have bought a brand new RR3. I just couldn't justify it and a good trade was available.

Comment

Well, at least we finally get a good pic!

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

and - sorry! - those pink pickups are really
                GHEY! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hehe what? you sold your RR??? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

anyway congrats JV!! take good care of her [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Earth to Shakeel [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ! He bought it from Word, and then he sold it on the bay.

Comment

I talked to the guy this morning and asked him why he unloaded it to E-bay so fast. He told me he has a couple Jacksons on E-bay. He's got a Kelly with a HSC. E-bay kinda makes an ass out of a guy sometimes. Once again, I hope I handled it honoralably.

Comment

Hey I see no problem. Word sold it. You traded it. You were not under any obligation to anyone to keep it, especially when the low-quality trem needed replacing. At least Jackson only cuts corners on the hardware and not the construction [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Anyhoo, generally it's cheap enough to replace a trem, but when ya ain't got the dough (or the desire to part with said dough), pass it down the line [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Earht to Thoraby - he bought it from Word, traded it to another guy, and the other guy put it on Ebay [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That makes Sarj feel better. At least I still have my Charvel Model 2 and it's in perfect working order. That says alot about the JT6 trem as compared to the JT580LP. The 580 on my DK2 is the best I've seen so far on any Jackson. The trem bar stays on tight and it hardley ever goes out of tune. Now I know some day it will need to be replaced. I'll save my silver change for the next couple of years and buy a gold OFR, tuners, etc. That should look cool on the trans blue finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                              Earht to Thoraby -
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Earth to Newc!

(It's spelled "Earth")

Bwahahahaha! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, I figured you transposed the letters....just doin' a little ball-bustin'! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo RONNIE!!

Ain't dat how dey say dat in da Bronx?

"Yo Vinnie! It's frickin' Earht Day, yo?"
                                'Fuggeddaboudit, Vito! Dere ain't no frickin earht in da friggin Bronx!'

My mom was from the Bronx! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm sure
                                they all hate me there now! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X