Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KE3 pick up´s...

i think i get it..but im not sure..
    the green and bare from bridge pick up should be connected to the point on the other side of the switch (the point not shown on the schematic..)
    and the green and bare from neck pick up should be connected to the central ground point on the guitar.am i right?

Morten.

Comment

I did it [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] .....but it wasn´t the right way [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
      they are now splitted...both the red and white are soldered together and insulated..green and bare soldered to ground (sounds ok) and black to switch like it´s shown on the schematic..what am i doing wrong??? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks

Morten

Comment

let me get this straight cus i'm attempting to do something similiar to Gjermundsen except with a performer kelly insteady of a professional. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
        an active pickup like the 81 or 89 with a 5150 half stack wouldn't be a good thing without an extra EQ effect going on? i was planning on buying an EMG set of humbuckers until i read this post and now i'm second guessing myself

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
          Yes, Chuck, I do! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is Newc going by the name Chuck now? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I say so! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Gjermundsen - The red and white are for the split. If they are soldered together and are not touching anything else, your pickup should not be split.
            The green and black are optional - you can either have the black on the switch or the green, but whichever you use, the other must be grounded with the bare wire.

It sounds like they wired the original pickups to be out of phase (or in phase?) with each other when you have both selected.
            This would make them sound like they were split.

Wire them up like the old ones were (black to ground and green to switch).

Newc (not Chuck)
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

After i posted my last post i couldn´t wait anymore so i took on some new strings and just started playing again.The new mics sounds great!Thanks for the tip.For some reasons i don´t know, the noise problems disappered... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I think the problem is the volum pot...if i turn it down i get some noise(somethings a lot...)
              When the volum pot is up there is no noise.But anyway i don´t care about that right now i just wanna shred [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If you have the Bridge pup green wire and the neck pup black wire goin to the switch that will give you an out of phase sound (nasily and kinda thin) when both pups are selected. Forget how the duncan designed were wired just follow the instructions for the real Duncans and you shouldn't have any problems. Red and white soldered together and taped. Green and shield to ground ( back of pot). And black to switch.
                Gil
                The green and black wires are actually switched on the Duncan designed pups so the green is the hot wire instead of the black and black would be ground.

[ June 25, 2003, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Working...
                X