Can you identify this Dinky??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you identify this Dinky??

I am posting pics for Pencilsketch again!! He apparently is starting his own northeast chapter of the Jackson Museum!! Pencilsketch just purchased a Jackson Dinky Standard Professional and it has some really unusual features. Here is a link to the pics and a description of its unusual features. I have never seen one like it. http://cage.scriptmania.com/photo6.html

Re: Can you identify this Dinky??

I've never seen one like that either. I think it's pretty cool. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing rare, it's the Dinky Standard, made in Japan. They had matching headstocks, matching dot inlays, matching pickup covers, matching knobs, and a clear pickguard. Made around 1993 and sold new for $550 with case...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks Charvel750. I had a feeling you would respond. Is the Charvel logo'd trem on it a stock item?

Comment

I've never seen one in person, but I've always thought they looked very cool. I like the maroon one in the '92 catalogue. The only thing that guitar is missing is the original colour-matched humbucker. Very nice, pencilsketch. Congrats [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Is it just me or does it look kinda like an RG...

Comment

With the color matching hardware and the matching headstock it does sort of resemble an RG if you look quickly. RG's don't have rounded body edges and of course the headstock.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got one myself. I love it... I'm looking to eventually snag a blue and a white one as well..
                Occupy JCF

Comment

I have one of these in black. I used to sale jackson for a local redneck when these came out. I like the character that these have. Mine just happens to be for sale. Its 8.5 out of 10. but all origina land the frets are factory perfect. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                  A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

ive seen the same model but in blue. if you go to
                    www.machinehead.co.uk and click on used guitars you'll see some pretty cool guitars along with the jackson.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

oh yeah, nothing rare....I see about twenty of those a week on ebay. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't even come in here with that attitude, blacknapkins! You insult all that which is Jackson by saying the Dinky Standard is rare. Regarding Japanese Jacksons, nothing since the early Professional Series can even be considered for being rare, and at that, the AT Soloists might, just might, be considered rare, especially the LTD 91. But a Dinky Standard? From the later run of Jackson Pro models? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ha, gotta love Charvel750. Never a lack of hyperbole with that one...plus the most arrogant member of all chastising me over my attitude. I've never seen one post by you that doesn't sound like it's coming from the almighty. My point was that they don't seem to come around often, but it's your opinion that is the final word, right?

dude, piece of advice; lose the shirt, the wig, and half of that wack colletion, and then we'll listen to you. I mean, 5 beach scenes?!? c'mon....

Comment

They aren't rare, they just aren't plentiful CURRENTLY. It's not like "LTD" or "PCS" rare - more like "Warrior Pro" rare; they're out there, in closets, by the truckload, waiting to be sold on Ebay.
                            There aren't a ton of them on Ebay because so few people are actually interested in an RG-style color-coded guitar unless it says "Ibenhad".
                            I think semantics are getting in the way of the facts - rare is generally defined as limited in production numbers, and infrequent means rarely seen for sale.

These are infrequent, but not rare.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

yeah, semantics get in the way of alot of things around here....like actually playing the damn things.

Comment

Working...
                              X