Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP serial number question jackson 1017602

hello everybody,
    this is a flying v, not the full one, more like the randy style flying v. it's a jackson performer PS37 which i assume was not made in the states because none of the serial numbers on the jackson site look anything like this one. serial number is 1017602 staped on the plate that goes over the neck bolts. this is dark red with pickguard and floyd rose licensed tremolo bridge and hard shell case. guitar plays fine and looks good on the face, has scuffs on the back and horns are chipped. it's old looking and used looking. i would say that it is in fine mechanical condition, though. has hard charvel/jackson v case which is in okay condition but looks okay and serves the purpose. when and where abouts was this guitar made and how approximately much is it worth?? i have the option to buy because there's nothing wrong with learning on good equiptment... any help, especially on the year and origins would be GREATLY appreciated. my email is [email protected] or can leave posts here. thanks

TREVOR

Rockford IL

Re: HELP serial number question jackson 1017602

hi Trevor

Your guitar is a PS3T. The "T" stands for "Trem" in your case, as the PS3 had a tunomatic bridge. Although that's not a consistent rule for all models, "T" could also stand for "Tunomatic", depending on how Jackson was feeling at the time. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The serial number suggests that it was made in Korea. Another clue would be the spacing between the 12th fret inlays. If you look in the JCF Gallery (link at the top of the page), you'll see that Jackson & Charvels traditionally have very closely spaced 12th fret inlays. Korean made models have the 12th fret inlays almost on the outside edges of the fretboard.

Given the condition you describe, and the fact it's a Korean model, I wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred for it.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

India, not Korea. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

INCORRECT, NEWC! The earliest Performers were indeed made in Korea. Production was moved when the neck pockets started cracking at a scary rate. AFAIK, Performers were never manufactured in India. Korea and Japan only.

Comment

Working...
        X