JS30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30

Got a JS30 the other day and man what a great playing guitar.The neck reminds me of the old model series charvels same profile and 12th fret dot markers.It is trans black with flame maple top,chrome hardware.Trem is solid as a rock and very smooth.
    The only draw backs are the cvs pick ups are way to bright,( cool that they are sealed)but have no bottom end at all.And the dye they put on the fretboard makes quite a mess on your fingers untill it wears off.But a tone zone and air norton should cure the pick up problem.I'm feeling that this guitar is going to get lots of playing time.Man this thing feels good.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: JS30

Enjoy your new axe.

A great guitar at a rock bottom price.

Replace those pickups and you'll really be amazed.

Comment

I originally thought about a j90 and j95 but dont want to rout out the body, I could bend the tangs on the pickups and make them fit but cant bring myself to do that.Duncans or DiMarzios will drop right in.The volume pot is kind of cheezy too so that will have to go.I thought 264.00 out the door was well worth it.

Comment

CVS pickups! Are they made by the CVS store? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Actually, the catalog has them designated as CVR2 pickups.
        They're dying their fretboards now and it's coming off on your hands?!? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Got a pic?

[ June 14, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not sure what's on your hands, but it sure as hell isn't dye. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Bust out the lemon oil and give it a once-over. It could just be some accumulated grime. I have no clue why the JS30's haven't been more popular than they have been. All the good stuff from the Japanese guitars at Indian prices. I don't think there's a better sub-$300 guitar out there. Hell, I don't know if there's another PLAYABLE sub-$300 guitar out there. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes that was my intention the pickups sound like they came from a drug store.
            Yes they use a dye to make the fretboard a more uniform color and once it wears off the fretboard looks like an old charvel one with the little white streaks in the wood.
            I'm going to install a tone zone in the neck and a steve's special in the bridge to day so now it will have low and mid range tone.Never used that combo before but should sound good.I know a super distortion in the neck and a tone zone in the bridge is an incredible combination in a wolfgang
            Was playing the old 94 stone finished dinky yesterday and forgot how good the stock pickup combination sounded.That makes 5 dinkys now,great players.

Comment

I got an JS30 too.She was the first Jackson guitar i got.I loved her right away.She is my "dragon guitar" There is a pic in my profile.After i got my KE3 i haven´t played the JS30 much but i still think it´s a very good guitar for the price.
              I heard that the wood in the JS30 wasn´t so good,i don´t remember what type it is but can anyone comment on the wood?

Morten.

Comment

AFAIK, they're alder just like the other Japanese guitars.

Comment

I looked at the Jackson site and the JS30´s body is Poplar.I have never heard about it...It proably has another name in norway..anyway..can anyone tell me more about poplar?

Comment

Its similar to alder, so if you already know what alder sounds like, poplar is pretty close.

Comment

I'll tell you what the tone zone and steves special sound fantastic in the JS30.The jackson web site doesnt list a trans finish for the JS30 or a maple top, but they do for the dxmg which is an alder body,could this JS30 be alder? Kinda confusing but she sounds so good anyway.
                      The cool thing about this guitar is that you can feel the vibration through the neck just like my old 87 usa jackson.To me thats the sign of a great guitar.

Comment

Just an update on the JS30 swaped pickups the other day,tried a duncan JB in the neck and a custom 5 in the bridge.Man what a difference lots more tone, poplar must not be ment for DiMarzios.
                        Just thought I'd pass on that info if anyone that has one of these and is contemplating a pickup change.

Comment

Working...
                        X