Jackson 7 string Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 7 string Serial Number

I went to my lessons today and they had a metallic red Jackson 7 string. I heard the DX7 are crap. I am not sure where this was made but I took down the serial number. 00071080. Reverse headstock, 22 frets, bolt on. The definition on the low B was kind of bad. I wasp laying unplugged and there was music goin in the background that was kind of loud. The BC Rich NJ7 Warlock I played seemed to have a lot more definition, but it was new. The Jackson was in the used section. They didn't have a price on the Jackson, and I didn't ask because I plan on getting a Carvin. I just wanted to find out some more about this axe if anyone can help. Thanks a lot.

Re: Jackson 7 string Serial Number

I am being an impatient turd, anyone help me?

Comment

I'm assuming it's a 2000 Japanese model. Trem or stringthru?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

With that serial number it would be a 2000 Indian model. Believe it or not, the Indian guitars have serials that make sense. The first two numbers are the year, the next two are the month. The fact that it's Indian tells you all you need to know. If you ever see a DR7, the Japanese seven strings, you'll understand immediately. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a buddy that has a DR7 with what he says is after market flame maple top finished in blood red. He put EMG 707s in it. Like I said, I didn't plan on buying it, but I just was curious. I heard that with 7 strings if the definition is bad unplugged you should leave it alone. It was string-thru Newc. I figured a 7 string neck would be a LOT bigger, but the 7s I played were very easy to play. I got kinda long fingers so 7 and 6 didn't feel much different. The BC Rich Warlock NJ7 I played was new. The definition on its low B was really good compared to the used Jackson and the platinum Warlock 7s. Should be about two weeks and I can order my Carvin DC727. Thanks for the help.

[ June 15, 2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Disco Dave ]

Comment

i have a dx7 and is a good guitar.
            dont bother with the indian think.

Comment

And thats why when I bought my 7 string..I bought an Ibeenhad. The DR7 or the DX7 don't even compare to the RG7621 guitars in any department in quality, sound, playability or finish.
              I love Jacksons just as much if not more than anybody.....but, I also like getting value for the dollar.-Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer:
                And thats why when I bought my 7 string..I bought an Ibeenhad. The DR7 or the DX7 don't even compare to the RG7621 guitars in any department in quality, sound, playability or finish.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got an RG7620 that's a sweet player. Though, the basswood body's tone isn't all that great. As for the finish, that's not the greatest either, as Ibanez finishes tend to chip very easily. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the guitar, especially with their all-access neck joint!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Comparing a used guitar to a new one is unfair as the old one doesn't have new strings on it, or the previous owner may have purposely put strings on it that had less definition as a part of his own identity.
                  New guitars usually have "all purpose" strings which sound a little brighter, even if they've been in the store a while and have been played on a few times. I've never seen a used guitar with new strings on it, and have received very few guitars where the strings had any decent life left in them - usually they're halfway between new and dead.

Anyhoo, acoustic tests are not an accurate way to determine amped tone, IMO, as each manufacturer has their own tone, even acoustically. Jackson Dinkys have always sounded darker acoustically to me than Fender Strats, even when all the features are the same (same board, same bridge).

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X