Rhoads Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Question...

Hi JCFers. Today I went to a music store nearby and I tried a "Ritchmond" RR shaped guitar. All of the sudden, G.A.S. Strikes. Is the RR3 Worth the money? I've seen pictures of them, but I've never really tried one. Let me know what you think.

Re: Rhoads Question...

for the money they're pretty cool...but i'd save up and get a used rr1 from either here or the bay...you'll be happier and it'll take more of a beating... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Heh...It'll be a LONG time till I get about $800. I need a 6 string ASAP. I don't know what the f*ck to play with my 7 string anymore...DAMN I MISS 6 STRINGERS!!!!!!!!

BTW...How much would a decent shaped RR5 cost?

[ June 17, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: It's All In My H3ad ]

Comment

RR5s will be about 500.00 - 600.00 on ebay, but they are worth every penny. I have an RR5 & an RR1, but I prefer fixed bridges and play my RR5 way more than my RR1. Someday I'll get an RR1T (or the new rumored 24 fret Rhoads if its available as a fixed bridge), but for now, the RR5 is a perfectly sweet axe.

Never palayed an RR3, so I can't give an opinion on it. I will say this; I was going to get an RR3, but decided to do alittle extra side work and saved for an RR5 instead, which in the end was the right decision.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

yep...that was the right decision... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...

if you need one right now and hate the 7 string...get rid of it...more money towards what you want...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by It's All In My H3ad:
            Heh...It'll be a LONG time till I get about $800. I need a 6 string ASAP. I don't know what the f*ck to play with my 7 string anymore...DAMN I MISS 6 STRINGERS!!!!!!!!

BTW...How much would a decent shaped RR5 cost?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please forgive me for being an idiot but can't you just play the seven string like a six string(ignoring the 7th string?). The 7th string is a "B" right? Or is it the neck that is bothering you? I'm just very curious because I've actually thought about trying one.
            Thanks,
            Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Budman: It's a low-B. I like it, But I like playing in Drop tuning better. Also, if I wan't to tune the 7 string to drop-c, I can't becouse the Low B string will go out of tune, causing the others to go out of tune. I'm gonna sell my 7 string either through here or I'll post it on ebay soon.

Comment

If you are thinking about an RR3, you might also look for a used RR2. It's a USA Rhoads, but is a bolt-on version. It had different features from most of the USA line at the time: JT580LP trem, Armstrong humbuckers, blank ebony fretboard, and no scratchplate. I bought one NOS from Guitar Center for $399, where it had hung on the wall for years, tagged at $899. Similar feel to an RR3, but USA-made and having some nicer features. The Armstrongs are some of the best metal pickups I've ever played.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X