Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are SL3 and SL4 USA or import models?

Are they import or usa made?
    Also, whats a fair price for a used one in very good condition?
    thanks.

Re: Are SL3 and SL4 USA or import models?

The SL3 & SL4's are Japanese imports. Used prices
    around 500-600 range I think.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

I've seen black SL-4's go for $400-$450 on E-bay.Folk's seem to ask quite a bit more for the
      transparent one's. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, Japanese neck-throughs with non-bound rosewood boards. I used to see SL-3s on the Bay for $400 - $430 all the time.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I bought a New SL-4 in Black a while back and simply hated it. I am sorry to say that, but it just plain wasn`t what I expected, I actually like the DK-2 better. If you want a Soloist like the SL-4 or SL-3, I would just go the extra mile and get an SL-1 or SL2H USA model, I really feel you will get more for your money that way, I honestly hated the SL-4 for the money they were. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
            I bought a New SL-4 in Black a while back and simply hated it. I am sorry to say that, but it just plain wasn`t what I expected, I actually like the DK-2 better. If you want a Soloist like the SL-4 or SL-3, I would just go the extra mile and get an SL-1 or SL2H USA model, I really feel you will get more for your money that way, I honestly hated the SL-4 for the money they were. Jack.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did just the opposite. Got rid of a DK-2 to buy a SL-4.The DK-2 was too muddy (needed pup's to be change), but it was a good guitar.For me the SL-4 had a better/well tapered neck (NO HEEL), and real Seymour Duncan's.
            Both were brand new when I bought them (DK-2 $342, SL-4 $445). [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I forgot to mention that the DK-2 is a poplar body, and the SL-4 is alder. That too makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
              X