dk1 verses dk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dk1 verses dk2

I tryed a dk1 out today with emg puckups the ****ing price tag they had on it was 2800 bucks Canadian [they said the list was 3700 bucks Canadian and I laughed] trans blue top , bolt on , I expected the trans blue top to be/look a lot deeper than the import line but it sure didn't look it even though I know it is , I was pretty disappointed for the money you pay for those you may as well buy a dk2 or a dkmg and mod it for a hell of a lot cheaper than 2800 ****ing bucks ! and the dkmg and dk2 has a way better neck on it/them [thinner] the downfall about them are no ebony fretboard , but still the price is ****ing crazy for what you get and what you could get for a hell of a lot cheaper with the dk2 or dkmg , I am really liking the dkmg in gun metal gray and those pickups [emg hz's] don't sound to bad either ,nice and smooth ! //Steve

Re: dk1 verses dk2

holy **** am I ever bad today puck ups ? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] sorry pickups , well anyway I thought I'd grab it before racerx did [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Steve! Du you know if the DK2 neck is thinner than the DX10D neck? Or what the difference is? I appreciate help [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never tryed the dx10 before , but lately they [the imports] that we've been getting up here are all pretty thin , but I'd say that they are probably pretty close if they are made in Japan //Steve

Comment

I've just recieved my 96 DK1.

I've also owned a DK2 and a DX10D, and I currently own a DXMG, along with various "Model Series" Charvels.

It's hard to say which one is "better", they are all excellent guitars and play very well.

I will say however, that the US made DK1 is built "better"

The Ebony fretboard, the MOP inlays are much nicer looking than the import ones and I have to say cut better into the fretboard. The binding is also nicer on the neck and headstock, and the MOP Logo Inlay is sexy.

Hardware is better as well, nicer switches and pots.. CTS and switchcraft. Real Floyd, bla, bla..

I find the neck to be a little nicer (for me anyways) I don't find it so much thicker, as "rounder" in the back, not as flat. Plus it's made from a better cut of wood, quartersawn.

From a playability point of view, the imports I have are just as good. And I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference blindfolded.

But the DK1 is the overall winner.. the way its built, the components used and the attention to detail are all a notch or two above the others.

I do agree however that US Jacksons are alot compared to the imports, perhaps too much even, but for those that want the extra bits and personal attention lavished on a U.S. guitar, theres no better choice.

Of course, I "only" paid $750 Cdn for my DK1 so perhaps that makes it easier. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just my opinion.

[ June 20, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:

I've also owned a DK2 and a DX10D, and I currently own a DXMG, along with various "Model Series" Charvels.

It's hard to say which one is "better", they are all excellent guitars and play very well.

I will say however, that the US made DK1 is built "better"

The Ebony fretboard, the MOP inlays are much nicer looking than the import ones and I have to say cut better into the fretboard. The binding is also nicer on the neck and headstock, and the MOP Logo Inlay is sexy.

Hardware is better as well, nicer switches and pots.. CTS and switchcraft. Real Floyd, bla, bla..

I find the neck to be a little nicer (for me anyways) I don't find it so much thicker, as "rounder" in the back, not as flat. Plus it's made from a better cut of wood, quartersawn.

From a playability point of view, the imports I have are just as good. And I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference blindfolded.

But the DK1 is the overall winner.. the way its built, the components used and the attention to detail are all a notch or two above the others.

I do agree however that US Jacksons are alot compared to the imports, perhaps too much even, but for those that want the extra bits and personal attention lavished on a U.S. guitar, theres no better choice.

Of course, I "only" paid $750 Cdn for my DK1 so perhaps that makes it easier. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just my opinion.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">for that price thats ****ing awesome man !!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] but over here they want way to much 2800 bucks with no case [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] thats crazy and ****ed [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but 750 is ****ing great man !!! I'd buy one from Matt@osg and pay the customs and duties and still get it cheaper than 2800 bucks Canadian !//Steve

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you think the DK2 neck was thinner than the DX10D??

Comment

I'd say the DK2 neck is pretty much the same as a DX10D neck and should be interchangable.

All of the Import Jackson necks that I've played feel the same.

Comment

Well, 2,800.00 Canada Dollars = 2,059.22 United States Dollars. That's pretty much full retail price.

Matt

Comment

Up here in Kanada...

Everything is pretty much full retail, when it comes to guitars or amps.

Trying to get a decent deal is next to impossible on Jacksons.

Thats why I buy all of mine in the States, new or used.. including taxes,duty shipping and exchange, It's still cheaper than buying up here..

I've bought about 12 guitars in the last 2 years.. only 2 were purchased in Canada.

I LOVE America!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ June 23, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Up here in Kanada...

Everything is pretty much full retail, when it comes to guitars or amps.

Trying to get a decent deal is next to impossible on Jacksons.

Thats why I buy all of mine in the States, new or used.. including taxes,duty shipping and exchange, It's still cheaper than buying up here..

I've bought about 12 guitars in the last 2 years.. only 2 were purchased in Canada.

I LOVE America!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know what you mean... I've only found one store in Toronto that carries a few new USA Jacksons and the prices are pretty hefty. They had a Y2KV for $2900 and a Marty Friedman kelly in trans blue for $3600 (that's really crazy to me considering that the guitar has been sitting around for a few years). Even pawn shops here charge upwards of $500 for crap like Vantage, and El Dagas. Once in awhile you can find a used USA Jackson for a fair price but they seem to be pretty scarce. I don't even see a lot of USA Jacksons listed on ebay, which are located in Canada. All of the Jacksons I see listed in the US are enough to make me want to move south of the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lantz:
                        QUOTE]I know what you mean... I've only found one store in Toronto that carries a few new USA Jacksons and the prices are pretty hefty. They had a Y2KV for $2900 and a Marty Friedman kelly in trans blue for $3600 (that's really crazy to me considering that the guitar has been sitting around for a few years). Even pawn shops here charge upwards of $500 for crap like Vantage, and El Dagas. Once in awhile you can find a used USA Jackson for a fair price but they seem to be pretty scarce. I don't even see a lot of USA Jacksons listed on ebay, which are located in Canada. All of the Jacksons I see listed in the US are enough to make me want to move south of the border.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bet I know what store too, Songbird right?!?

They're crazy when it comes to New Jackson prices.
                        $500.00 Cdn for a JS30?!? I know Mark the tech really well, I keep bringing him Jacksons to work on.. none of them, ever come from the store. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Although sometimes they let ones go that are cheap if they're not paying attention.

My friend grabbed a Model 4 Firecrackle with Sharkfins for $400.00 from them. exc shape (I wish I never told him about it..)

I picked up a Charvel 275 DLX for $350 with case from them.

Right now they have a Model 2 for $280.00

Steves Music has a few imports, and up in Port Credit on Lakeshore road theres The Guitar Shop.

Other than that, pickins are pretty slim.

Comment

yeah we were in Heaven when we had our deal through Jackson ft worth cause everything was dirt cheap for us compared to up here and I was just getting my courage up to get some more axes when we lost it due to the fender buy out [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] oh well it was fun while it lasted Dave got the XTRR prototype for next to nothing , and I got this beast of a kelly that I traded for a ke3r straight across , and the fender dealer up here was selling the imports less than what he should of so I got my warrior xt dirt cheap about 100 bucks more than what it would have cost me through ft worth , after I got it he uped the prices on em another 150 bucks [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I told him he was selling em to cheap , but his usa stuff is way to high ! //Steve

Comment

Geez, no wonder everyone in Canada does their shopping in Buffalo NY and Bellingham WA. That's crazy stuff.

I wonder if it's taxes or lack of retail competition that creates those artificially high prices?

Comment

Working...
                            X