Need Help with a Jackson ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with a Jackson ID

I've had this one for about a year, but haven't spent much time with it. As far as looks it's perfect and neck is super thin and 24 frets. Since I'm lazy I haven't swapped out the Duncan Designed pup's (which are garbage IMHO)and therefore haven't played it much. Getting around to install the new pickups but was curious what it was. I know it was made in Japan and I believe it's a Dinky. Any other info would be great. Is this one of the GC Anniversary guitars? Thanks!

Re: Need Help with a Jackson ID

I'm no expert, but I believe that it is one of the GC Anniversary guitars. I think so because I recall seeing a pic of one that looked like yours.

Someone else will know for sure!

Anders

Edit: Really nice guitar by the way!

[ June 24, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Anders ]
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks for the input Anders! I've got a few Pickups laying around JB, Tonezone and a Duncan Custom. Any reccomendations?

Comment

The flame and quilted maple look beautiful on that guitar!!

To me it looks like a straightforward DK2.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky,

Thanks and you're quite right it is absolutely stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            The flame and quilted maple look beautiful on that guitar!!

To me it looks like a straightforward DK2.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, if its a DK2, it's not one thats been made in the last few years.. at least not one I can find.

My DK2 and every one I've seen has pickup rings for the 'bucker.

Note that this one doesn't... solid mount.

I'd really like to see the headstock.

Comment

I'd really like to see the headstock.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can do. I'll take some photos tonight and throw them up. Just a note I didn't buy this new last year, it was used but in mint condition. I'll throw in the serial number for fun too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Again.

Comment

Mid-90's Guitar Center Anniversary Dinky. IMO they shoulda left the cheesy maple cap off and left the lacewood showing. That flame pattern is weak and really overused by Jackson, and the lacewood looks sooooooo much better.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Newc. Yeah the back is cooler than the front! I like the way the maple top looks, although it is a little thin. All in all it's a sweet axe.

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Yeah, definitely a GC anniversary model. Does the truss rod cover say anything on it? I thought they said GC and had a number like 36 or 37 or whatever anniversary year it was.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does the truss rod cover say anything on it? I thought they said GC and had a number like 36 or 37 or whatever anniversary year it was.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank God No. I would hate to have GC imprinted anywhere on this or any guitar for that matter [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , but that's one of the reasons I was wondering to, because I have seen the GC writing on the Truss rod cover of a guitar similiar to this one.

Comment

It's a twin to mine. It's a DKGC36. GC36th anniversary. Lacewood back with a flamed maple cap. Only 100 made I believe. Mine's a great guitar and sounds really full with the stock pups which should be the Duncan Designed equivalent to the Distortion and the Hotrails neck pups. I like them but not everybody does and thats why theres more than just one pickup manufacturer.
                        Gil
                        Forgot to mention its from 2000 not the mid 90's as stated above. But it is esentailly a DK2 with a Lacewood back.

[ June 25, 2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Working...
                        X