Where can I get the proper floyd nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get the proper floyd nut?

My Dinky DR3 needs a new floyd nut. I ordered one from Carvin, it was the right nut width (1 and 11/16 inches) but it was way too high. The nut Carvin sent me was an R3 nut I believe. Anyone know where I can get the proper one?

The threading inside the nut for my E and A string clamp stripped. For the moment I've blocked my floyd and play it as a fixed bridge, which is cool, but I miss using the trem.

Re: Where can I get the proper floyd nut?

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
    The threading inside the nut for my E and A string clamp stripped.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you absolutely sure it's the threading inside the nut? I've never heard of that happening. I've stripped out a few of the actual bolts that lock the strings into the nut before, just got the new bolts and all was fine.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've stripped out the E/A threads too,it's from tightening them too hard...a freind of mine gave me something he uses on cars to repair stripped threads ( I can't remember the name) and it's held for years now.

Comment

helicoil ?

Comment

No not helicoil,thats the stuff that looks like a spring and you have to drill out the hole first? This stuff was a liquid that you put on the bolt then let it set and unscrew the bolt and instant threads.They aren't very strong but for finger tightening the clamp it's good enough.

Comment

http://www.eastonguitars.com he's got lots //Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve.
              Originally posted by toejam:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you absolutely sure it's the threading inside the nut? I've never heard of that happening. I've stripped out a few of the actual bolts that lock the strings into the nut before, just got the new bolts and all was fine. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, it's the threading inside the nut. The clamp screw works fine in the other holes. I probably have screwed it in too tight. Plus, Jacksons don't have string retainer bars, which help a lot.

Comment

Okay, cool. Hope you get a new one soon! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                  Thanks Steve.
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you absolutely sure it's the threading inside the nut? I've never heard of that happening. I've stripped out a few of the actual bolts that lock the strings into the nut before, just got the new bolts and all was fine. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, it's the threading inside the nut. The clamp screw works fine in the other holes. I probably have screwed it in too tight. Plus, Jacksons don't have string retainer bars, which help a lot. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try taking it [the whole nut ] off and then screwing it[ the lock screw ] in , that happened to me once and now I gave the nut to Dave and it works fine , and you'll be able to tell also if it's the nut or the screw , sometimes it just hits the rosewood and does that , but if you take it off and clean it it might work fine , mine did , anyway I hope this works for ya , if not Kevins [easton guitars] got em . //Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X