Question about PS3 Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about PS3 Rhoads

I'm thinking about buying a PS3T in mint condition (it will be my first Jackson), and I was wondering about the quality as compared to the newer import Rhoads. If I remember, the PS3 and the PS3T are both very good import guitars. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah, it comes with a hardshell case. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Question about PS3 Rhoads

There were also some made in Korea. The main way you can tell is the seriel number and the 12th fret dots. The Japanese ones seriel start with a 9 and the koreans start with 10. The 12th fret dots on the japanese are closer together and the korean ones are far apart almost to the edge of the neck.
    The Japanese ones are nice and hold up a bit better plus some of the early ones had the JT580? (schaller) trem.

Why do i keep gettin confused at to which the schaller model number is?
    Maybe its my age.
    Gil

Comment

I've owned a ps3 in the past. Played it for about five years and it holds up really well! I had it fitted with an EMG 81 in the bridge, drove my guitarteacher nuts because I blew away his jem bfp [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Schaller is a JT590. I don't think those were ever on the Performers though. Stay as far away from the Korean models as possible. As it was explained to me, they have a tendency to snap at the neck join due to the weak-ass construction. The Japanese ones are just fine, but I'd put them below the current imports as far as quality.

Comment

I too am thinking about buying one, hopefully soon. They were made in Japan, and there quality (from what i heard) is great for an import.

Comment

mine was a korean! it put up with the heavy duty I laid upon it. was gigging back then, and as far as I know it's still in a pretty good shape... know the boy who bought it from the store where I traded it in.

Comment

Working...
            X