X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my dxmg in gun metal grey

Originally posted by Disco Dave:
    I put an EMG 85/60 combo on mine.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got the 85/60 combo in my Dinky HX. My Dinky Reverse I've got with 81/85 and a Hamer with 81/81, but the 85/60 is my favorite combo! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ July 27, 2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Disco Dave:
      I put an EMG 85/60 combo on mine.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got the 85/60 combo in my Dinky HX. My Dinky Reverse I've got with 81/85 and a Hamer with 81/81, but the 85/60 is my favorite combo! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so whats the 85 sound like toejam cause I don't have much experance with emg pick ups , I have heard the 81's cause dave has em //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
        HOLY SH!T!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I just checked out the prices for the Behringer cab... OMG that thing is DIRT CHEAP!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I just caught myself thinking about getting a FULL stack actually... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cheap hey [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah you could get a full stack of cabs for the same price of most marshall cabs hey . and those Jensen speakers sound like a million bucks !!! just so every one else knows it's 840 canadian before tax and 540 USA bucks for 2 cabs !!!! now you can't beat that hey , and each speaker is 100 [400 watts a cab] watts handling and the behringer dealer can't charge more than the web price for the product or Behringer will cut em off [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I love behringer [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

The 85 has an alnico magnet instead of the ceramic magnet of the 81, so it sounds a little warmer, with more mids and isn't as bright as the 81. Though, both are great pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            The 85 has an alnico magnet instead of the ceramic magnet of the 81, so it sounds a little warmer, with more mids and isn't as bright as the 81. Though, both are great pickups.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">cool thanks toejam I'll have to try one out , I think this dude that I work for at the guitar store every now and then gets the odd guitar with 85's in em every now and then , next time he does I'll have to try one out . //Steve

Comment

Steve, If they still have the DK-1 in there it has an 85 in the neck, i liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                Steve, If they still have the DK-1 in there it has an 85 in the neck, i liked it.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">at wentworth ? yep it's still there they are asking to much for it , if your ever in guitar works in town here if ya see a bald dude with sunglasses up on top of his head thats me man my name is Steve and I work there from time to time probably alot pretty soon , if you need any tech stuff done Jeff is ****ing amasing man he can fix anything guitar/stringed alright with amps but not a big amp guy , I fix stuff too but not there cause thats his job , I was suppose to get the job at wentworth doing sales and tech stuff I had references from Brian McDonald from Fender/Jackson and they still didn't give it to me [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] bastards that top on the dk1 doesn't look that thick hey [trans blue] ? the top on my ke3r [trans blue] looks just as thick and I know it isn't.//Steve

Comment

i love my dxmg guys ! other than that there is no point to this post at all [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
                    i love my dxmg guys ! other than that there is no point to this post at all [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How much do you love it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Next time I'm in kelowna, I'll stop in, BTW I'm a 14-year old with dreads, wearing a zep shirt all the time [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . The flame top on the dk-1 is a pretty week, and it is a little over priced, but everything in there is. But they can charge high $ because there the only guys in the area that carry the stuff.

Comment

Very nice!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                          Next time I'm in kelowna, I'll stop in, BTW I'm a 14-year old with dreads, wearing a zep shirt all the time [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . The flame top on the dk-1 is a pretty week, and it is a little over priced, but everything in there is. But they can charge high $ because there the only guys in the area that carry the stuff.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the import prices aren't that bad but the usa stuff is ****ing nutts dude that price on the dk2 hotrod flames is only 599 for the guitar without a case new but 2800 for a sl2h eds is stupid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X