Jackson JRS-2 is it rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JRS-2 is it rare?

Recently picked up a JRS-2 it has what I believe to be an ash body with with a trans black finish, one kent armstrong pickuup at the bridge and a wilkinson trem,rosewood fingerboard. I heard these are pretty rare, only 300 made. Could someone tell me if this is true? Thanks.

Re: Jackson JRS-2 is it rare?

I dunno how rare they are, but I picked up mine for a song. I love it, it's easily one of my favorites . (mine was modded before I got it though... Seymour Duncan Distortion p/u and Sperzel locking tuners)

Does yours have the maple or rosewood fretboard?

If you don't want her, keep me in mind man!!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

oops... I shoulda gone to bed earlier last night...

HEY! As if you don't miss things from time to time! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What double post?? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 30, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Oh, by the way, sickbutcher666... Let's see some pics of that there geetar!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Dont have pics yet TEKKY.Dont own a digital camera,but it is like the one on the Jackson web archives with rosewood fingerboard instead of maple.Dont plan on getting rid of it,has everything I need and nothing I dont.I like the simple setup.Posted twice cause I screwed up on the model #.Thanks for the info!

Comment

Cool. Good to hear she's got a good home. No problem on the double posting, I took care of it.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

The point is very pronounced, which I guess if you're gonna have it, might as well be as such..it looks good on the reverse.

How much is a fair price on one of these?

Comment

Read, dammit! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He did say it had rosewood [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Yes, only 300 made (or was it 350?) anyhoo - rare and extremely NOT collectible. It's still a Performer series (import), and despite the possibilities it presents (like turning it into a Van Halen 1 or 2 guitar), they don't sell for $$$$

And what's with the double-post? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc

[ July 30, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I paid 200 for mine, and I first saw one in the musicians friend catalog around 1996 going for over 600 with the maple fretboard.Considering it is in almost mint condition I guess I got it at a decent price being rare and all.

Comment

Newc, I'm pretty sure the JRS-2 is a Professional model, FYI. There was a Performer with the same Wilkinson trem, but it had a PC-style psuedo-strathead.
                    sigpic

Comment

The JRS-2 is indeed a "Professional". The model that Inazone is speaking of is the PS-7. HSS config, Wilkinson tremolo (same as the JRS-2), Rosewood fretboard, and pseudo-strat headstock.

I picked up my JRS-2 for under $200. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I'd love to pick up another, or a JRS-1.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Hmmm. Coulda swore I saw 'Performer' on the head of one on GBase [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you want, check the link to mine. On that page is a close up of the headstock.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Is thr JRS-1 the american made model?

Comment

YUP..
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X