Jackson PS-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PS-4

I recently got the PS4s predecessor, the JDR94 Dinky. It's neck is slim and quite fast, comparable to the one on the new DK2s. It's a good thing that it's fitted with EMGs, the stock pickups are not bad considering it's price but one should definitely replace them for improved tone.

Re: Jackson PS-4

I actually love mine but I replaced the neck with a DR proffessional neck. It's very fast but I must admit I prefer the thicker of the Model series Charvels. Here's a pic(it actually has a very nice flame, it's my picture taking abilities that suck... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ):
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WABiJlMbh8x!IjFjAn!YBLB6R2ow2o0HY6zG3L0EYH!6lnoGs h!YZuMxSKH*68IZUL84J765bocYV67!7xZwFyePww5xpXJoEzc W66GRFwEW0okEip95WrZD9VoIxZuoAAAAAAAAAAA/BlackBg%20DinkyRevps-4.JPG?dc=4675434257165600216[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

So the neck is thinner on a PS-4 than the neck on my Model 1A? I didn't know they made them any thinner.... My 1A is the thinnest neck I've got.

Comment

Double post..... oops

[ August 12, 2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: redmanjj ]

Comment

I never owned a model 1a but I can tell you it's thinner than my models 3c, 4a, 5a, 5, and both 6's which just as a note, my black 6 neck is thinner than my firecrackle 6.
          Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I've played a Model 1A, 2, and my 650 Custom. The 1A and 2 necks were identical, but the 650 is thinker than the 1A and 2. If the PS-4 were the same thickness as the 1A, I'd be pleased.

Comment

Jackson PS-4

I just worked a trade with a guy, and have acquired a PS-4, with a pair of EMG 81's and the single coil disabled.

I have a Charvel Model 1A, a Charvel 650 Custom, and a Kramer Baretta (87 pointy).

Would the neck of a PS-4 compare to any of these in shape? Any other comments, good or bad, on the PS-4?

Comment

Working...
              X