early 90s soloist pro rules!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early 90s soloist pro rules!!!!!

I bought it about a week ago from a guy off of the classifieds section of this board, and I couldnt be happier. Its like a 93 model with EMGs and its sooooo awesome. Its got an 85 in the bridge which I think Ill swap out for an 81. The finish is like a dark metallica blue. Its in really great shape too and got a case with it too. all for $400. haha i love this board and this guitar. just thought id share my happy find.

Re: early 90s soloist pro rules!!!!!

Hey, keep your new found love a big secret!!! Rumors have it that if too many people find this stuff out the original Pro models will cut into the USA sales! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Too late [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Even the older USA models are cutting into current USA sales [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I agree about the Soloist Pro - I got one and after 3 other Soloists (not counting my NASL), this one fits me better than the others.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i dont know how to explain it. Its just awesome. Ive played a few USA soloists and for some reason I like this one better. Maybe cuz its worn in or maybe cuz it might be better. It feels wrong to say its better than USA ones though since I dont own a USA soloist and cant fully compare the two. Just this pro soloist and my rhoads pro are my favorite guitars.

Comment

Swapping an EMG 85 for an 81 [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Don`t like the 85? I like the 85 better, I think it has more low end and less brittle, but I say put in there what you like and rock on dude [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Congrats by the way, those early Pros were way [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I dont know the 81 in my rhoads really cooks and i think an 81 in the soloist would be killer. Its just too deep for me. Maybe its my amp settings but I need an 81 in there. Yeah the early japanese models rule. I want a king v next.

Comment

I've got an 81 in my Soloist Pro and it rocks, but I'm tuned a full-step down, so maybe that helps [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              An 85 in E or Eb might be better (warmer/darker/meatier) than an 81, but might be too muddy for D or C#, whereas the 81's brighter output might best be suited for lower tunings (D or C#) since they would have more bass frequencies.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the 85 is awesome in the neck or just clean but with distortion for some reason its not cutting and ripping enough for me. an 81 will go great in there. I might order 2 81s and put the 85 and an 81 in my y2kv. That seems like a really good idea.
                I just love this guitar though. The clean is killer and once I put the 81 in there I dont think there is anything this guitar cant do.

Comment

i play all of my guitars E to E, so that probably does make a difference, I am going to have to buy a hardtail guitar and throw an 81 in there to see what goes down [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] My 81 in my Archtop soloist is very bright compared to my 85 in a Hamer Blitz, which is all mahogany, my personal favorite!! Jack. Jack.

Comment

I love this thing. Makes me want another one. This is the second guitar I just lucked up on and love to death. I think ill put an EMG 81 in it and use it as my standard E to E and use my rhoads with EMGs as my E flat guitar for all those slayer tunes and just to give a really biting edge. I might put EMGs in my Y2KV since Ive got the spare 85 and would just need an 81. All my guitars have the same strap locks so this is kind of cool too. Dang I love my guitars.

Comment

Working...
                    X