Hey guys pickup??????and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys pickup??????and more

I was just wondering if any1 knows the diff between the duncan designed dd103 and the detonator. my rr3 has dd103 on it. but the new rr3's have the detonator. now the x series rhoads have the dd103's. i used to hate the dd103 on my rr3 but i just bought a digitech genetix1 to replace my rp 2000 and this guitar sounds fuggin awesome through it, it even sounds better than my model 2 with an emg 81 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ive been thinking about geting another bolt on rhoads(cause i love the shape :drool:and cause i cant seem to save up the cash for a [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] usa rr1 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    well any way, i just wanted to get some info on the 2 diff pickups and any info on the rx10d would be helpful also. thanx in advance. this board [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Re: Hey guys pickup??????and more

Well I'm not a Duncan man, but what I know is this:

The DD103 is supposedly modelled after the SH-6 Duncan Distortion. However most people around here who have compared the two say the DD103 isn't even in the same league as the Distortion when it comes to output and bottom end definition. Supposedly, the DD103 is muddier in the low register.

I'm sure there are others that can tell you more.

I'm a big fan of the Rhoads shape too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    When I was shopping for a Jackson I was actually after a King V, but then I came across a Rhoads EX and that was it. =)

'bane

Comment

the dd 103 is the duncan distortion set,the detonators are the invaders,and the 102's are the JB/jazz set all made in korea.
      my best advise is to get a set od USA duncan of whatever model you like,they will be a great improvment over the imports [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Malmsteen's absolutely right. Spend a little more and get the real pick-up, not the " modeled after " - huge difference - not that the designed are terrible.

Comment

Yeah, get the real Duncan(s)

what you could do is only exchange the bridge pickup, theres where you need something better.

The stock neck pickup usually sounds good, since you don't want that much gain out of a neck pickup anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X