Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owners of the newer DK-2's a few questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owners of the newer DK-2's a few questions?

after checking out a RG,wolfgang QT,mean street axis copy i need to know about the DK 2's?
    on paper these seem the the best deal?
    GC where i live does not have any in stock to give a test run [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    really all i need to know about these is with real duncans(custom TB-5 in the bridge,lil 59 neck,and a classic stack in the middle) is there any other mods that have to be done to have a solid metal sounding guitar that can get a real low action with little or NO buzz? any help would be appreciated [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    i used to play all USA kramers and stock they killed,so if the DK 2 is not as good i may have to resort to Ebay to get another?

[ August 26, 2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: randyvanmalmsteen ]

Re: Owners of the newer DK-2\'s a few questions?

this is the one in question http://www.americanmusical.com/item....AC+2901000+526

Comment

That is a nice color. I had one in Trans Blue, and the quality for the money was great, but the pickups will nead changed, they sound very brittle, but that wasn`t the problem, the problem was the neck is Flat and Thin, but if you like the Ibanez RG neck, you will the DK-2, great bang for the buck guitar and I remember when these guitars were going for like $250-300 not too long ago, they sure have gone up in price, my guess is Fender told the dealers not to charge so little again. Jack.

Comment

I have a 2002 DK2 with the trans blue flame maple top. IT KICKS ASS.............with a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion in the bridge. I keep trying to sell it off or trade it and I never can bring myself to actualy let it go. In my opinion my DK2 sounded and felt better than my friends SL-1. I still prefer it to my friends SL-1 after playing it alot more. I still want an SL-1 though, but for an economy priced bolt on it realy comes alive with a pickup swap. It's been put in the back seat, kicked to the curb and hidden under the bed, but I always rediscover it and it becomes my main squeez. I bought it during a very difficult time. My grandma had just passed away, my marriage was on the rocks and I had just gotten screwed on a Charvel Model 2 that was supposed to be mint and ended up being a big red peice of crap. After all the bad times I decided to get a DK2 and a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion and see what it could do for me. After an hour and a bad headache cured by a beer I got the TB-6 wired in and went to work setting up my new axe. Once finished I plugged in and went to town. I was amazed, shocked, content, happy and even forgot about all the bad crap.....did I mention my job realy sucked too? It was the only guitar I had to play for a few months. I got to know it very well. I tried to get into other shredders from other companies such as ESP, Ibanez and even Fender. No dice. The DK2 kicked all their asses. Back in March i hooked up an EQ pedal to my effects chain and once again the DK2 was king of the hill. I thought I could replace it with my Dean ML, Fender Strat and my Model 2, but it beats em all hands down. I'd have to say, GO FOR IT! The DK2 has to be the best guitar I have ever played and like my first Jackson that I bought in 1995 and kept until 2000, it has lasted the test of time. I have had to fix up a few things here and there like the volume pot and the humbucker ring. I consider the DK2 as a blank canvas as far as moding goes. As is it's pretty cool, but with a few inexpensive mods it turns into one helluva guitar. It covers em all and I play an eclectic mix of music all in the key of METAL. I couldn't ask for anything more out of it other than the Crimson Swirl finish which may be in the near future. Once again..............get one and mod the pickups like you want, plug in, set up and go!

Comment

Working...
        X