Opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed

I've never used either the J90's or the EMG-HZ's, but my thought on this is that it's easy to switch the pickups for anything that might tickle your pickle. If it doesn't have the sound you're after, getting hold of a set of J90's shouldn't be too difficult around here...or?

'bane

Re: Opinions needed

I use my DXMG as my "A" tuned guitar live (Korn,Stone Sour...etc) and it sounds quite heavy enough. The HZ's while not EMG 81s do provide quite enough grind at low tunings.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Opinions needed

Alright bros. I am seriously considering the DXMG as my next purchase. Since I do not have access to play one prior to buying I will be relying on your advice! I need to know if this guitar will do the same chainsaw grind as my cover-removed J90 Model 1 will? If it only does moderately heavy tones then I gotta pass. I need serious chunk like my Charvel gives me. Think fear Factory,Prong, etc.

Thanks again and rock on

Comment

my friend has a dxmg : very comfortable neck feel which for me is the basic thing in a guitar ( u can swap the rest if it's not a neck through model )

i think you can surely buy one .

this guitar sounds quite good with the hz BUT i played some guitars with HZ's and they all sounded the same ( different woods and brandnames )

get an dxmg and change the pickups immediately this will be the greatest option , put some real emg's or whatever do you like

Comment

I’ve only tried a DXMG once but my initial impression of the HZ-H4’s is that they’re pretty good. They seem pretty hot for passive pickups.

Just another thought, you might want to consider the DKMG, which has the EMG gain boost control if you want more output power.

[ August 28, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Chris Lantz ]

Comment

Working...
          X