ATTN JS30 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN JS30 owners

I recently ordered a Trans Black model. I couldn't resist the price and that top. I know it will feel good, as all Jacksons do. However, I do want to know a few things.
    1. How hot are the stock pickups? Good harmonics?
    2. What does the top look like in person?

Thanks bros!

Re: ATTN JS30 owners

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    While I haven't played a JS30 I do know it is the lowest of the low end of Jackson. Given that, I imagine the pickups suck and the top is probably a very nice photograph of a real flamed maple top.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a JS30 and just for the record the top is a maple veneer not a photo the pickups are very harmonic a little too trebely for me.So I installed a duncan custom5 in the bridge and a JB in the neck and the sound is big and fat.trem work great.You may like the pickups they are not that bad,they are standard size so a J 90 will not fit without modification.All said a great guitar for the money the neck is the best part just like a model neck only a little thinner.

[ September 01, 2003, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Richard ]
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think Jackson has stayed away from the fotoflame-style "tops" since the gravure tops on the mid `90s Dinky imports. The veneers on the current imports look good, but not blatantly fake like on some of the cheap Washburns and Samicks I've seen recently. In fact, Samick even boasts about their "imaging technology" in their ads. I'm just guessing here, that it's easier to make a thin flame veneer look good than quilt. Whatever the case may be, some of the X-series guitars and the DK2 have nice tops, the trans black especially.
        sigpic

Comment

"While I haven't played a JS30"
          "I imagine"
          "the top is probably"

Thanks for the speculation [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X