upgrading a dk2ff with a sustaniac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading a dk2ff with a sustaniac

i have decided to either buy the dk2s or get a dk2ff (£320)and upgrade it with a sustaniac later when i can afford to. i need to know how much it would cost for the electrics and labour (in £sterling please). if it works out cheaper to get the dk2s, i may consider a translucent finish... oh, nearly forgot - would there be a difference in neck profile between the two guitars that would have a profound effect on the sustaniac's performance?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: upgrading a dk2ff with a sustaniac

It's cheaper to get the DK2S.
    The sustainer alone will run you close to £128, that's about $229 US. That is for the Stealth Plus system, which is the same unit that is installed in the DK2S. Plus the cost of labor to have it installed.

Here's a link to Sustainiac so you can see your options.
    http://www.sustainiac.com/ord_info.htm
    -Rick

Comment

the dk2s would cost me £500 for plain black. not sure about the labour cost of upgrading the dk2ff.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm also considering putting one in my Model 6, but I will have to be a bit careful with my money until some more jobs roll in.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          the dk2s would cost me £500 for plain black. not sure about the labour cost of upgrading the dk2ff.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I forgot you're not in the US.
          £500 for a DK2S is highway robbery.
          You can find them on ebay for half that.
          This one has a BIN of £252
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK2S-Sustain...1QQcmdZViewItem
          And this one is going for £223
          http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK2S-DINKY-E...1QQcmdZViewItem
          -Rick

Comment

cost me £600 for a wrmg in trans black
            cost me £350 for a dxmg in black, which they now charge £379
            price of dk2ff £320 inc. carriage
            price of dk2s £479 + carriage + £40 if trans-finish.
            i thought the reason for hefty prices was because its the uk import tax.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Those prices are the full retail list price.
              I mean really... if you saw the actual dealer wholesale price on a DK2S, you would shit yourself.
              Trust me... Jackson doesn't pay anywhere near $229 US for the Sustainiac they put in the DK2S.
              Is that the best price you've been able to find, or is that some sales guy quoting you book?
              -Rick

Comment

i've checked every retailer website i can and these are the sort of prices people seem to pay in this country. i've seen the trade prices on some guitars - scumbags always make a mint. in particular, my local retailer who took back my 6 week old dxmg (i paid £350 by price match) in exchange for a boss gt-8 and £50 credit note. they then put a £379 price tag on it. a dx10dfs in asb 2nd hand has been there nearly a year and they still want £400! the websites for other retailers are suspect. i came across one who when phoned tried to charge more than what they advertised. still, i didn't actually pay £600 for the wrmg. it was a replacement for a shitty bc rich speedloader which i paid £525 (rrp £659, trade was £360!) so not a complete loss. no other retailer has allowed price matching but then they tend to stock crap guitars that no-one wants. i usually try to stick to local retailers because my experience with mail order has been nothing short of problems - faulty goods, wait time for couriors, delivery charges (despite being under warranty), faulty replacements, refusal of alternative goods. just can't win in the uk...
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I feel for ya bro.
                  That realy sucks.
                  I used to sell Jacksons a few years back and we never asked for full retail. Sure we put it on the guitar along with a "sale" price, but unless the person was an idiot, we always negotiated.
                  I know web sites and even local retailers have to follow Jacksons MAP (Min. Advertised Price) policy, but they should always be open to negotiations. If they don't, I won't do business with them.
                  Good luck.
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X