Model info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model info?

Hi, this is my first post. Hello all C/J fans! I am hoping that someone can supply me with some info on my guitar model. Here's the details;

Jackson Professional Dinky, (i think), in Cobalt Blue. Manufactured in Japan around 1992/4. 22 fret, cream bound fingerboard with mother of pearl sharkfins. The guitar has a bolt-on maple neck. Schaller floyd rose and hardware. 3 active Reflex pickups with a 500k mid-boost pot. I thnk it may be a Dinky LT or something but am not sure. Also those reflex pickups have just blown on me - any idea where i can get help/schematics?

Cheers.

Re: Model info?

Wow, 15 hours and no response? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, measure the scale length - if it's 25.5" it's a Dinky, if it's 24 3/4" it's a Fusion. If it says Professional on the head, it's Japanese. If it doesn't say Professional or Pro or Made In USA, the neckplate should either have the Ontario address (USA) or just say Jackson (Japan).
    This is, of course, assuming it doesn't say "Dinky Pro" on the truss rod cover [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    The Fusions came with the mid-boost knob and an on/off toggle switch between the two knobs.

As for the Reflex pickups - I have no idea. Check the battery and all the wires. Could be a dead board as well.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I haven't responded earlier because I know there are people here who know a helluva lot more than I about this.

By the description, it sounds like it could be a japanese "Pro" model (bound neck, MOP fins). I think someone said active reflex pickups was an option for those(?) [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyway, it would be easier to judge with some pics. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Cheers for the replys thus far guys!

Don't have a scanner so i'll elaborate a bit more... The guitar does have a 25 1/2" scale length but no toggle switches - just a five way switch, 500K mid-boost, master volume and tone. There is no monicker on the truss rod cover. The body style looks exactly the same as the red charvel used by the guy from Napalm Death. I think that that guitar is a model 5...but not sure.

Comment

"Model 5" would be a Charvel. Since yours is a Jackson it would be differently named even if it's identical to a charvel model. I'd guess it's a Dinky Pro Professional, but it's hard to say - there has been so many different models of the Dinky.

'bane

Comment

not to mention that Peter's is bolt-on and the Model 5 is neckthru [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X