Jackson KE-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson KE-X

Does anybody(read: Tekky) have any info on this one? I see these things, Kelly body [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , reverse head, black hardware, replaced pups, reverse sharkies, rosewood board and a Floyd. Anyone know which kind of Floyd is on this one, and what theyre going for? And what bodywood they used?

Thanx a million!

Thoraby

[ September 03, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Thoraby ]

Re: Jackson KE-X

The wood is Aspen and the trem is a licensed-made Floyd Rose

Having a gas attack are we ?

Comment

Wtf is aspen? Also, I know it's a licensed floyd, I just don't know which one!

Comment

Aspen är Asp på svenska

Comment

Den är ju ändå såld nu.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

slog du till på den ?

Comment

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You talkin' 'bout me avatar`? I stole it off some site, and now it's gone [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I fixed it!

Comment

Nope, he was thinking of the 'pics' of the KE-X ...that site doesn't allow direct linking.

Comment

Oh...Meh, who gives a damn! It was overpriced anyway [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Your first pic of the KE-X was a red box for me, but I reposted it with no problem, and now I see both without a problem. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, the KE-X was a Europe-only model. There were also DR-X, RR-X and maybe some others too. I believe they were equivalent to the lower end Pro models at the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                            Yep, the KE-X was a Europe-only model. There were also DR-X, RR-X and maybe some others too. I believe they were equivalent to the lower end Pro models at the time.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa, this was news to me! O_o
                            Is there any place where you can find specs for those models? Like, which years they were in production, what finish options they had, if the headstock said anything besides "Jackson", etc. These were not listed on the MOAIP, am I right?

There reason for me wondering about this, is of course my guitar - the only "RR3" with black hardware I've ever seen. =) I'd like to see specs for an RR-X and compare it to mine.

'bane

Comment

Ok, info update:

I went googling for a bit and found out that it's very hard to find info about these guitars. There are no official accounts about them anywhere. The hottest leads were user reviews off Harmony Central... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

But, looking for info on the RR-X, I found out the following:

* Made in Japan (match with mine, according to serial)
                              * Black hardware (match)
                              * Non-reverse sharkies (match)
                              * Jackson brand pickups (match)
                              * Metallic black was indeed an available finish for it. As far as other japanese Rhoadses went, the only other guitar that had MBK, was the RR3 and that was only for the first year (1997).

I even managed to find a grainy picture of a spotty kid holding one:
                              http://www.samshred.veryloud.co.uk/Photo/Reg.jpg
                              And that is exactly what my Rhoads looks like (except that now it has EMG pups).

So, it seems more likely that my guitar is in fact an RR-X than an early RR-3. Live and learn.

Makes you wonder why Jackson didn't bother to include these on the MOAIP. It should've been named the MOAAIP - "Mother Of Almost All Info Page".
                              [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Working...
                              X