Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much is a professional neckthru kip winger bass worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much is a professional neckthru kip winger bass worth?

2 emg's

Re: how much is a professional neckthru kip winger bass worth?

In Ghana it's probably worth two years wages, 3 with the EMG's....

Other than that, it depends on market forces...that is a truly top of the line bass, the wood, the construction, the hardware, all great....but it's probably under appreciated like a lot of things Jackson....Newc got one from ebay, can't remember exactly what it cost him....

Comment

It cost me $50,000 + shipping, but I'd sell it at a great loss for $1000, even with the EMGs [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You lookin at one with the soapbars or P/J EMGs?

Newc

[ September 07, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm just trying to figure out how much to offer a local guy for one with EMG's. I've never really paid attention to them until now. Are they worth more than a typical early 90's Pro series neckthrough guitar ($500 - $550)?

Comment

Sorry, I can't edit.
          I meant to say that I don't know at the moment whether it's got two soaps or a p/j config

Comment

Hmmm. I'd say they were worth more than a typical (as in: "oh, look, another one [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] ") Pro series model, based on the fact that they are solid Lacewood, an Artist Signature Model (which are few and far between - not a lot of Artist imports around, and I think the Collen is the only import Artist Sig still made), neckthrough, and USA quality.

Try to get it cheap, of course, but I myself would definitely pay over $500 for one with case if it was in great shape (frets, neck, fretboard, body).

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

$500 would be absolute top-dollar for me and I'd expect it mint for that. No idea at all how much the EMGs add / subtract from the value. They are sweet though, you can't really go wrong with it if you can score it for a decent price.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Lazarus Thread!

Night Of The Living Thread!

Threadsurrection!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Dude, check the dates - 9/14/03 to 5/4/05

Comment

D'oh!
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: how much is a professional neckthru kip winger

I picked one up on here, from someone on this thread, for $400, but part of the price was a promise not to out him in public. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Case, no EMGs, so I'd say that $500 is a good asking price. Then again, these things are hideously undervalued. I put mine up against several local bassist's Warwicks, and shamed them all. The only complaint was a lot of guys didn't like the pointy headstock on a bass.

Comment

Yeah it's always the headstock that kills it for 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I liked the one I had, but after comparing bolt-ons and neckthroughs directly, I prefer bolt-on fretted basses and neckthrough fretless basses.

Comment

At least the Winger model has the smaller guitar-sized headstock and not the one like the early Jackson basses that really was the size of the business end of a hockey stick.

I've seen a Winger at a local store in the recent past for about $400, but that was at a place that tends to undervalue Jacksons a bit. No, it's not there anymore, and yes I considered buying it but declined. Nice bass, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X