Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 3/Fusion Custom

HI!

Hello all, I'm new one up here, registered yesterday - so far it's been nice to be here, thank you!

I got a beautiful pearly white finished Model 3, and now someone offered me to trade it for Fusion Custom. Should I? What do you think?

BTW could you kindly tell me where I can find serial number list, I wish to be sure about the year when this Fusion Custom is made.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Charvel Model 3/Fusion Custom

Sorry, it seems that I sent my message for wrong message board, I thought it went to Import Charvel Guitars but it didn't...

Comment

ooooh, that's a tuffy. Have you played both? I love the Model series guitars (own a few...) but the Fusions are great guitars too (got one o' them too).

If you can play the Fusion first, see how you like it compared to your Model 3. They're both great, but also quite different guitars.

Serial number list isn't much help with Import guitars. If you can post some specs, or better yet, a photo, the folks around here should be able to give you at least a ballpark estimate of when it was built.

ps. Welcome to the JCF!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

My Model 3 serial is 311040, and that Fusion serial is 355something. Fusion has three humbuckers, two of them are shaped like single coils. Its painted somehow like broken glass, pretty nice.

Finnish dwarves? Yeah, there is a few up here...

Comment

Odds are your Model 3 is an 88.

The Fusion is a Fusion Special

I have both, Keep your 3 unless you REALLY want the shorter scale. The Fusion has a single locking trem, and cheaper pickups/electronics.

I paid $299 for my Model 3 and $180 for my Fusion Special.

Comment

Originally posted by -Marko-:
            Fusion has three humbuckers, two of them are shaped like single coils.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I missread that bigtime! It's not a Fusion Special.

Comment

Thanks for information!

I have played both guitars now, and I think I won't give my Model 3 away, although Fusion Custom was also just great.

Comment

Working...
              X