Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which jackson was offered with a maple fingerboad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which jackson was offered with a maple fingerboad?

I remember one that had a cool stone finish and two buckers but that was the only import i remember having a maple FB?
    what model was that stone finish one?
    i want to find one and buy it
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: which jackson was offered with a maple fingerboad?

Dinky Reverse, DR-5.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: which jackson was offered with a maple fingerboad?

FYI - I had a neck from one of those and found it to be uncomfortably wide. I dunno what it was for sure, cuz it was a standard 1 11/16" nut width, but I think it was the edges of the back of the neck - they seemed kinda thick and not as tapered as other Jackson necks.
      You might like that kinda thing, but I didn't care for it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: which jackson was offered with a maple fingerb

The Dinky Reverse Pro has a very thin neck, but the width is 1 11/16, which isn't really that wide. I compare it to an Ibanez Wizard.

Heres a picture:

Slighly modded of course

Comment

There's an import PC at the local store with a maple board. I think it's a pc3. Looks pretty nice. They want like six or seven hundred though.

Comment

Grrr. Just saw that they dropped the price on the pc3 to under 350, went back a day and a half later for it and somebody had it on layaway. They had that for like half a year.

Comment

I have one of these in stone and one in dark metallic violet. I think the necks on these are one of the best from Jackson, nice and thin and fast and comfortable, wizard-like as lhrocker says.

There was one on ebay recently that didn't meet reserve, and the seller hasn't relisted, you might try contacting him (has EMGs swapped in though): old ebay auction

There's one in black currently up on ebay: Current Auction

The dual-rail bridge pickup in these are kinda dark/muddy...be prepared to swap it out.

Comment

The JTX Tele shaped Jackson Pro from the mid 90's had a maple board too.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have one of these in stone and one in dark metallic violet. I think the necks on these are one of the best from Jackson, nice and thin and fast and comfortable, wizard-like as lhrocker says.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I also had one in dark metallic violet, but mine had a rosewood board. I thought the neck was a tiny bit thicker than a Wizard profile.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The rosewood board ones are a little thicker.I've had both and both are pretty thin to me very easy to play.IMO the stone finish guitars have a more "open" tone very reasonant.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Heres one on ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-CHARVEL-ESP-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Been watching that, damn thats the exact guitar Ive been after for a while... damn funds are short though.

Besides, Ive got that exact neck on the way, should be here on Monday. Ill take some measurments with a digital caliper if anyone wants them!
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                        X