Surfcaster SC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfcaster SC1

I was pokin' thru my old 1999 catalog over the weekend, and low and behold there was a Surfcaster almost exactly how I wanted my custom one to be made...the Jackson SC1 Surfcaster! Do any of you guys have one of these, can you tell me what the necks are like, what they sound like and how much they usually go for?

Re: Surfcaster SC1

Boxcar I have a Trans-Red SC1. I got mine NOS
    for $425 with case. I really like the neck. It feels and plays great. I usually change out the
    stock pickups on my guitars but these Duncan Designed sound fab. Neck is sweet single coil tone. Mid position jangly like a Rikenbacker(spelling?). Bridge sounds good clean and awesome
    distorted. Hope this helps. I think this is one
    of the most overlooked & underrated Jacksons.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Thanks dude. I like necks with bigger backshapes, I was wondering if it was like that. The only thing that I don't like is that wraparound bridge, but I guess that can be replaced too. Personally I'd rather have a Tune-o-matic and a stringthru. But the main idea for me is to have a guitar that I can go crunchin on but also be able to play some ska and have it sound nice too. Thanks again!

Comment

Boxcar that guitar would do both the crunch & ska. Maybe you should look at SC-3. It has string
        thru with TOM bridge with 2 of the lipstick tube
        pickups.
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Lo & behold

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron what took you so long to catch the spelling
            error? Oh well better late than never! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Been busy. I have a full time job now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

here's my old charvel surfcaster. take a fender mustang, give it a ric cat's eye soundhole, lipstick pups like a dano and add an easy playing shredder jackson neck and you've got the surfcaster. great guitar, but the lipsticks are very jangly. If you don't do surf, you replace them with hot rails or you get the H-S version. Apparently these old charvels are better (and worth a lot more) than the latter day jackson.

Comment

Working...
                X