Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG body wood

Hello,

the Jackson site states the DKMG body is made of alder. Some dealer pages say it is basswood and I believe Kevin Easton and/or the Jackson site itself has stated that it is basswood in the past. Has the wood changed or has it always been alder.

Thanks

DRH

[ October 06, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: DRH ]

I am a newbie here and wondering the same thing. No one answered this one. Hopefully someone will. It is weird. Sometimes I see DKMG's listed with Basswood and other times with Alder. I just bought a trans-green DKMG body that is probably basswood. It features the 1 vol 2 tone. I am going to put a replacement neck on. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have searched everywhere and could not find one picture of a transgreen DKMG with a flame top. I will post pics when it is together.

Comment

this was answered many times before in different threads...

all DKMG's after July 2006 are baswood, prior to that they were alder

Comment

i'd be gobsmacked if i ordered a WRMG that actually had a carved top body . incidentally, your trans-green DKMG body is actually alder because the 2006 version is not available in that colour. you'll also have the passive/hz emg's and the turbocharger. you'll find it's a 2004 or 2005.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I don't know the exact times, but at first they were basswood (my 2002 DKMGT is basswood) and were later changed to alder.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks for the responses. As for alder after 2006, according to the Jackson guitar website, the new models are being listed as alder. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2910100585

I was thinking that it was a 2004 or 2005 also. I also noticed that the DKMG's are featuring one less knob. Regardless, my guess is that this thing will cost me about $400 and will have some contribution from a Squier HM2. Here is a pic.

Last edited by Acidhouse; 09-04-2006, 01:28 PM.

Comment

it's in good shape then. congrats. so which neck are you gonna put on it? i'd recommend a dxmg or dk2 neck.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
                this was answered many times before in different threads...

all DKMG's after July 2006 are basswood, prior to that they were alder
                Er, I'm pretty sure it's the X-series that's gone basswood. So:

DXMG - alder from 2000 - July 2006, basswood after

DKMG - 2002: basswood
                2003 - current: alder

It's a little confusing because the DXMG is kinda both a X & MG, while DKMG is just MG.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Acidhouse
                  Thanks for the responses. As for alder after 2006, according to the Jackson guitar website, the new models are being listed as alder. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2910100585

I was thinking that it was a 2004 or 2005 also. I also noticed that the DKMG's are featuring one less knob. Regardless, my guess is that this thing will cost me about $400 and will have some contribution from a Squier HM2. Here is a pic.

Man that looks NICE!!!

I love trans green!
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks again for the responses. I'm actually going to put on a generic Jackson neck off of the bay. Any actual Jackson necks were over a hundred and up to $250. The replacement with the blank headstock was less than $50. I checked the dimensions from a prior thread and the dimensions listed on the generic neck match pretty well. Painting the headstock is not an issue. I will just have to find a Jackson decal. I am getting the Floyd Rose system from a Squier HM2 I have laying around.

Comment

Yo

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...8affd93760b5d6

ya hijacker!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        Thanks Racer

Comment

So what is DKMG body made of?

Some says alder some says basswood above....
                          Life can be good with right people.
                          Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by KabaK View Post
                            So what is DKMG body made of?

Some says alder some says basswood above....
                            Yours has an alder body my bro. Welcome here, and congrats about your latest purchase, we need a new thread with a review and pictures when you get it in your hands!

D...._64 from Turkrock
                            Check my bands!
                            www.myspace.com/magicktr
                            www.myspace.com/sinif64
                            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Lots of misinformation going on here. Listen to wise man RacerX!

What does it say in the neck pocket?
                              I think the year the body was made should be in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X