Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Warrior Pro, someone please educate me on my new guitar !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1991 Warrior Pro, someone please educate me on my new guitar !

Here's my Warrior Pro before pic when I first got her:

...and here's the day after I received her with the JE circuit sh^t removed and the EMG thrown in there with a flat metal p/up ring.

For me it was a mod that was definitely needed....
    - Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Awsome warrior, what did you have to do to make the EMG fit ?

Comment

Hey Paddok that what mine looks like except I have chrome hardware & both pickups are EMG. I had the bridge cavity slightly routed to fit the humbucker on mine.
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

Ahhh! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
          That guitar is sooo wicked...
          The desire... *shakes*

Comment

Ken did a mod on a red pearl Warrior that Newc sold to me:

Now, that's not so bad, ain't the best, but ain't bad either. I also have a black Warrior that I EMG'd and kept the slant, couldn't be happier:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I just grabbed the dremel and squared out the cavity a bit and kept checking my route job with the pup and the pup ring to make sure everything would be covered. I only opened it up enough to just fit the EMG in there. I also made sure the EMG was at the same angle as the single coil by making a few measurements...then just mark the holes for the ring and predrill and screw everything in.

- Joel
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

I think im going to go with an X2N in the bridge and either a SD hotrails in the neck, or a "the chopper" in the neck.

anybody tried this combo ?

Comment

Joe, show a close up of the red Warrior's route. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I still say mod the pickup to fit the guitar, not the other way around. But then again, it's only a piece of wood. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry, Xeno. Here it is from Newc's archives:
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

wow, look at that! You'd never know it used to have a slanted pickup. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

In the attached thread about warriors, I explained how to cut the tabs on an EMG hum to fit the warrior without doing any cutting to the wood (so the guitar isn't 'violated'. So check out my instructions, somewhere in the middle of the post. I can send someone a pic of this if they'll post it on the board.
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=1;t=000784

Comment

Well all, friday im taking the warrior to GMW to get routed for a slanted humbucker. Im 99% sure im going with the X2N in the bridge and the FastTrack 1 in the neck.

My only concern is ive never heard the X2N being played. Does anybody know any bands aside from Death that use the X2N ? I actually dont like chuck's guitar sound very much, but im pretty sure thats just production.

Comment

Harmony Central guys are saying KISS, Buckethead, Steve Vai, who knows, and who cares. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've never heard of anyone in Kiss using the X2N, but Ace used DiMarzio Super Distortions, and Paul always used lower output pickups than that. Buckethead had two in his custom Jackson V guitars, Steve Vai did use them a very long time ago in his early solo and Frank Zappa days. I used one for many years in my old Kramer, put it in my Model 5A for a couple months, now it's just sitting around waiting for another guitar to be put in eventually. Get one, you won't be disappointed... for a passive pickup, it blows the doors off an EMG 81.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X