Can anyone tell me what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what this is?

Some kinda kelly. I'm guessing its a Ke-3 or Ke-4 or something from the later 90's? I may bid on it, but I wanna know what it is first. its pretty beat up

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-KELLY-PROFES...1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is?

Yup, a mid-1990s KE3 by the looks of it. I should know, I had a solid black KE3 from 1996 up until last year! Great guitar and monster tone, especially after I put my "signature" EMG-85/EMG-89 pickup combo in it.

Comment

thanks Priest.

I don't like the reverse sharkfins, i'll probably just buy one of those allpart replacement necks with binding. man those look (and hopefully play.. ) sweet

Comment

I'd leave that neck on it, kinda sets it aprt from most other kelly's I've seen. I haven't seen to may production models with reverse sharks. Looks cool. Just my .02 though.

Comment

Looks like a KE4 to me
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            thanks Priest.

I don't like the reverse sharkfins, i'll probably just buy one of those allpart replacement necks with binding. man those look (and hopefully play.. ) sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if the allparts necks are built to the same quality as a Jackson neck. Do what I did - get a DK-1 neck and bolt it up to that.

Comment

how much would a dk-1 neck run me? the allparts ones are like 100 bucks, and a dk-1 is probably like the same price as the ke-3. lol

what is the difference between a ke-3 and a ke-4? i don't think this one is neck-thru?

Comment

DK-2 neck, not DK-1. A DK-1 neck would cost quite a bit more than a DK2 neck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

what would you say is higher quality (as in wood grades and crafstmanship) This ke3\ke4 whatevert it is, or a Kelly Std.? I'd guess the STD but i dunno?

Comment

Working...
                  X