Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone replaced the EMG-81 in their COW model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone replaced the EMG-81 in their COW model?

I'm considering swapping the EMG-81 in my Wolbers Signature model for an EMG-85. If that doesn't sound right, I'm going to go passive...probably a Duncan SH-14. Has anyone replaced the pickup in their COW yet?
    Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Re: Has anyone replaced the EMG-81 in their COW mo

I don't know of anyone changing the pickup. But if you were too, i'd say go with a Bareknuckle Nailbomb or Warpig. Best pickups about
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I have a Duncan Distortion lying around here which I bought just for the purpose to put it in my DK-6 as soon as that one arrives.

I was told it would take 8-10 weeks. I'm on week 10 now and have heard nothing from it so far.

Waiting sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

It'll sound devastating.
        The 85 sounds bigger and meaner than the 81, cuts better, if something, a little overpowering on the bass frequencies,specially if you downtune and use thicker strings. It has lots of low mids which gives it a thundering growl. For metal rythm work it can't be beat IMO.
        I have it on the bridge slot of my Jackson PS2 and its gonna stay there for a long time.

Comment

The 85 is awesome in the bridge. I actually hear a little more high mids in it than low mids.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I decided on getting the 85 even before I posted this! Since it's such an easy swap, what do I have to lose?
            Swee-Tone Bent Top-->TU-2-->NS-2-->Keeley MM4-->DL4-->Voodoo Modded TSL100-->Bogner 2x12

Comment

Working...
            X