• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Dr Newcensteining :D

Ok, Warrior XT body with a USA Jackson neck:

A block inlaid neck at that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: More Dr Newcensteining

Yup, the binding goes all around the neck.

I don't know what body it came off of, I got the neck off Ebay last year, then sold it to Charvel750, who traded it to Drake, and now I have it back [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It'd also look killer on a 24 fret Rhoads, Kelly, or KV body [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hell I think it looks killer on that guitar as it is,but it would shine on a 24 fret rhoads~! If that pickup cavity was filled and the headstock painted to match the body,whoa... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

...or the body matched the head.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          ...or the body matched the head.... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Newc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think I remember seeing that neck for sale, and IIRC from the close-ups, that headstock is absolutely gorgeous.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

That looks sweet. If it the body match the headstock or vice versa it would be insane.

Comment

It has black binding on the headstock,does that run down the length of the fretboard??? What guitar did that come off with those inlays?

Comment

Hey Newc when I had that neck I had it on a WRMG body as well, that thing looks awsome. So how much you want for it? LoL
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hmmm never noticed before but the flash makes that plastic pickup ring look like metal [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I had to shim the nut to get the E's off the frets [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] No biggie, though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Drake - You may have been joking, but I may indeed sell it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Make me an offer [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Man that looked really good!!

Comment

Newc you have a PM.
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                        Ok, Warrior XT body with a USA Jackson neck:

A block inlaid neck at that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now go crazy and get the body done in trans amber newc ! //Steve

Comment

Actually all I'd hafta do is strip the paint and get down to the natural wood [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          I don't know what the body's made of, but the back and sides have some very nice figuring - not flat/crappy, but almost like mahogany.

Newc

Comment

Wow, I remember how nice that neck was! Yeah, I traded it to Chuk in a Warrior dealing. I had it on the "Metal Head & Cop" Dinky and then the gold top Warrior that Chuk got:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The top and back are most likely maple. Mahogany looks boring as hell by itself. Think of a stained SG. That's mahogany.

Comment

Working...
                              X